Applebees and Chili's replacing waiters with Tablet PCs

Started by jimmy olsen, December 04, 2013, 09:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 05, 2013, 10:50:53 AM
Yes, yes it is.  A businessman not in the business of maximizing profits is not a good businessman.

Not that part, the other part.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on December 05, 2013, 10:47:25 AM
Do you think businesses should not embrace technology that makes end result better for their consumers, if it will result in the need for fewer employees?

Actually, that wholly depends on whether I'm one of their employees or one of their consumers.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2013, 10:55:15 AM
Yes, yes it is.  A businessman not in the business of maximizing profits is not a good businessman.

Jobs cost money and negatively impact the potential of profits.  Therefore, in order to maximize profits, jobs have to go.  Maybe not until every other alternative is exhausted, but in the end, they need to go.
I'm surprised you didn't know that.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 05, 2013, 10:59:31 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2013, 10:55:15 AM

Jobs cost money and negatively impact the potential of profits.  Therefore, in order to maximize profits, jobs have to go.  Maybe not until every other alternative is exhausted, but in the end, they need to go.
I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Obama is weeping.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

crazy canuck

I have been to places where the server inputs the order into a tablet type device.  I dont think I would like to eat at a place where I need to input the data myself.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 05, 2013, 11:05:15 AM
I dont think I would like to eat at a place where I need to input the data myself.

Maybe it'll have a Sneeze Guard.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on December 05, 2013, 11:08:40 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 05, 2013, 11:01:40 AM
Obama is weeping.

Why?  He has a public sector job.

His friend Seedy no longer believes. In short, Seedy has turned Republican.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 05, 2013, 11:05:15 AM
I have been to places where the server inputs the order into a tablet type device.  I dont think I would like to eat at a place where I need to input the data myself.

In order to make sure my order gets entered correctly, I'd absolutely prefer to enter the data myself.  Plus I'm sort of a control freak when it comes to things like this, so I go with self-service whenever it's an option.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 05, 2013, 11:11:53 AM
His friend Seedy no longer believes. In short, Seedy has turned Republican.

French Republican, maybe.