And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 03, 2014, 02:41:22 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 03, 2014, 02:24:43 AM
32 Pro-Russians killed in Odessa fire. RT saying it is Right Sector.
Probably set by Russian agents, Reichstag fire style.

Nah, the people outside were lobbing molotovs in the vids I've seen. So were those inside, truth be told.

In related news one of the nutty Russians on EUOT posted the names and info of 4 Ukranian teenage girls seen on a pic making molotovs. I hope for their sake they move to a safer place stat.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Iormlund on May 03, 2014, 01:20:13 PM
In related news one of the nutty Russians on EUOT posted the names and info of 4 Ukranian teenage girls seen on a pic making molotovs. I hope for their sake they move to a safer place stat.

Did he say how he got them?

Queequeg

All of the Russian nationalists I follow on Twitter have been posting photos and personal info of people they blame for the Odessa debacle.  It is frankly terrifying.  They've gone completely, totally unhinged. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

citizen k

Quote from: DGuller on May 03, 2014, 11:54:24 AM
Quote from: Ancient Demon on May 03, 2014, 11:47:52 AM
I find it disturbing that there are so many people outside of Russia that consider RT a credible source.
Useful idiots are always plentiful.

fyp

Queequeg

Quote from: alfred russel on May 03, 2014, 01:41:29 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 03, 2014, 01:38:02 PM
the Russian nationalists I follow on Twitter

:hmm:
I follow 800 people on Twitter, including Republicans, Democrats, actors, and Russians and Turks of every station and position. Most of the Russian or Turkish I read on a daily basis is either on twitter or linked from twitter.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Heard on NPR that the Kraut observers have been released.

Viking

Who were these people who were burned?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Norgy

citizen k

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on May 03, 2014, 01:15:55 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 03, 2014, 11:26:50 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 03, 2014, 02:27:39 AM
So are Ukrainian Nationalists the dumbest people in the world?

No, that'd be you, for believing anything you read in RT.
:rolleyes:

I posted what RT was spinning the event as which is frankly all that matters.

Why is that all that matters?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on May 03, 2014, 05:51:37 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 03, 2014, 01:15:55 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 03, 2014, 11:26:50 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 03, 2014, 02:27:39 AM
So are Ukrainian Nationalists the dumbest people in the world?

No, that'd be you, for believing anything you read in RT.
:rolleyes:

I posted what RT was spinning the event as which is frankly all that matters.

Why is that all that matters?

The point was how recent events would play into the Russian propaganda effort. Looking at RT is instructive in that regard.

If we are discussing something other than how it will be used by the Russian propaganda effort, then what RT says on the matter is less relevant; but that was the subject before it became about giving spellus a hard time.

Admiral Yi

The fact that the hotties tend to be Ukrainian nationalists reinforces my position.

Queequeg

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 03, 2014, 06:16:39 PM
The fact that the hotties tend to be Ukrainian nationalists reinforces my position.
It's Eastern Europe.  There's not really a lack of hotties within a certain age group.