News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 10, 2014, 07:39:35 PM
We swore our allegiance to Languish and Napoleon XIV during the abortive Mongolian Scenario putsch of '03.  This can never be forgotten. Now, after our years of struggle, it is time for us all to gather round the fire with our cyberceramic steins and remember the good times, together as one.

Napoleon XIV?  I thought it was Napoleon XIII!  No wonder I was shot!

And hello, old friend.

Now that we have seen the reboot of Norgy, can the reboot of Babylon 5 be far off?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on March 10, 2014, 08:01:46 PM
Now that we have seen the reboot of Norgy, can the reboot of Babylon 5 be far off?

Michael Bay directing! :w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Can only hope it is far, far, far off.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on March 10, 2014, 07:40:44 PM
Anyway, I was objecting to the nazi-imagery.

Quote from: SheilbhI mean we could probably all object to the Nazi imagery.

But I'm sure we're all with the sentiment :P

Oh come, a liberal draught from the wellspring of Nazi imagery is the one thing we absolutely all share in this place.  :D
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Admiral Yi

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2014, 04:39:56 PM
The last time Norgy went looking for a mail order bride didn't he pretend to be a Nazi?

That sounds more like a Slargos or KC4 schtick.
Experience bij!

Valmy

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 10, 2014, 08:27:11 PM
That sounds more like a Slargos or KC4 schtick.

I swear it was Norgy and he was talking to this Russian woman and pretended he was descended from a member of the SS Viking Division.  She actually started saying how great the SS Viking was...man some people will do anything to escape Russia.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 10, 2014, 08:20:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 10, 2014, 07:40:44 PM
Anyway, I was objecting to the nazi-imagery.

Quote from: SheilbhI mean we could probably all object to the Nazi imagery.

But I'm sure we're all with the sentiment :P

Oh come, a liberal draught from the wellspring of Nazi imagery is the one thing we absolutely all share in this place.  :D

No, I don't think I fall under "we" in this instance. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on March 10, 2014, 08:33:04 PM
No, I don't think I fall under "we" in this instance. :(

I apologize.  My current nightstand reading is, for whatever reason, At The Mind's Limits ("Jenseits von Schuld und Sühne" -- "Beyond Guilt and Atonement") by Jean Améry (né Hans Chaim Meyer), one of the most wrenching depictions/analyses of Gestapo torture and then daily life in Auschwitz (mainly slave labor for I.G. Farben at Mono-Buna III), and I feel some compulsion to shake off its effect on me through jokes...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Capetan Mihali

And I've never been one to just say all Jews get a pass on Nazi humor just because.  What's good for the goy is good for the gander, as it were.

Monoriu

Grinning_Colossus

As someone who lurked for a long time before posting, I'm happy that Norgy is back. :)
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?