News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Man, that is one serious traitor. No matter what happens, asking an neighboring aggressive power to invade your homeland is about as douchebag a move as can be imagined.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Queequeg

Currently my cover photo on FB.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

My FB is nuts. 

I've been hearing a rumor on Twitter from both American reporters and Russian dissidents that Yanukovich has died of a "heart attack."  It's been getting louder rather than softer.  What the fuck is going on?  It's like some kind of nightmare. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

derspiess

Quote from: Solmyr on March 03, 2014, 01:10:10 PM
The Mayor of Tallinn (leader of the largest party in Estonia) said that the government in Kiev was "put in place by people with baseball bats" and is unable to solve the crisis. Say hello to your NATO friends. :P

He's a known Russian shill, isn't he? And his party is part of the opposition-- tied for third place in seats in Estonia's parliament.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Looks like they're going to go for the entire East.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26428296
04:15:

Ukraine's Customs Service is reporting a "gathering of military machines" in the Kharkiv, Luhansk and Donetsk regions just across the Russian border, according to Evhen Perebyinis, a spokesman for the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry.
04:02:

A deputy commander at one of Ukraine's units in Crimea, named only as Major Lisovoy, tells local ATR TV that there were no attempts to storm the base. "We're all in high spirits, ready to defend our base. There was no official ultimatum, it was done indirectly via mobile phones. I want peace and stability and for Ukraine to be a united country."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: Syt on March 03, 2014, 10:48:46 PM
QuoteRussian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin: Russia's goal in Crimea is to defend human rights, especially those of ethnic Russians. He claims Ukraine is on the brink of civil war and reportedly that civilians have been killed. There have been no reports of this.

He also cited bill - which Ukraine has now vetoed - that would strip the Russian language as a secondary language in Ukraine.Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin said that Ukraine's ousted leader Viktor Yanukovich sent a letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin requesting that he use the Russian military to restore law and order in Ukraine.

"Under the influence of Western countries, there are open acts of terror and violence," Russian Ambassador Vitaly Churkin quoted the letter from Yanukovich to Putin in an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council.

"People are being persecuted for language and political reasons," he quoted the letter as saying. "So in this regard I would call on the President of Russia, Mr Putin, asking him to use the armed forces of the Russian Federation to establish legitimacy, peace, law and order, stability and defending the people of Ukraine."

Can we send the Russians to Quebec next?

Syt

What's interesting is that almost all official public statements from Russia so far have come from diplomats, but none from Putin. He was seen on the news yesterday for the first time since this mess began. It's almost as if he's saving himself for a big announcement.

Now, Lavrov is heading towards Tunisia to discuss Middle East stuff later today, IIRC, so that would open the stage. I expect a major announcement either today or tomorrow.

Also, with the recently concluded troop exercise, I have some doubts that all soldiers were sent home afterwards.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Queequeg

Jacob

Quote from: Queequeg on March 03, 2014, 10:57:50 PM

Currently my cover photo on FB.

What did he say? Is he backing his guy Putin?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Queequeg

Russian stock market down another 10%  :lol:

Syt

NYT reports that pro-Russian demonstrations in East Ukraine are partially fueled by Russian citizens crossing the border for "protest tourism". Allegedly they arrive by the busload.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Queequeg

Quote from: Syt on March 03, 2014, 11:51:01 PM
NYT reports that pro-Russian demonstrations in East Ukraine are partially fueled by Russian citizens crossing the border for "protest tourism". Allegedly they arrive by the busload.
I would take this with a grain of salt.  East Ukraine will be totally fucked by shock therapy.