News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Hopefully it doesnt go down, but if it does, I hope the Uke's at least slap the dog snot outta those Ruskies.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

Quote from: 11B4V on March 03, 2014, 07:51:29 PM
Hopefully it doesnt go down, but if it does, I hope the Uke's at least slap the dog snot outta those Ruskies.
I don't.  The Crimea should belong to Mother Russia! :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on March 03, 2014, 07:52:23 PM

Typical HR flip flop.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Viking

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on March 03, 2014, 07:41:27 PM
I'm not sure how full-scale a Russia-Ukraine war would be. Ukraine doesn't even seem to be mobilizing.

Look, Ukraine isn't Israel, so they won't have tank brigades in the field in 18 hours. Apparently the reservists will be going through up to 10 days of training first.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on March 03, 2014, 07:41:27 PM
I'm not sure how full-scale a Russia-Ukraine war would be. Ukraine doesn't even seem to be mobilizing.
I'm not saying it's not going to be a walkover, but even if Russians go in, and Ukrainians trips over themselves to surrender, it would still be a full-scale war.

Caliga

I will admit I thought it was really neat during the Libyan Revolution when there were battles being fought in Agedabia. :cool:

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on March 03, 2014, 07:52:23 PM

And Mother Russia should belong to the Mongols.  :)

The Mongols were the last civilized people to inhabit that part of the world.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on March 03, 2014, 08:00:59 PM
And Mother Russia should belong to the Mongols.  :)

The Mongols were the last civilized people to inhabit that part of the world.
Ok, let's do it.  I like the cut of your jib.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 03, 2014, 07:19:03 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 03, 2014, 07:16:09 PM
There is plenty of blame for Obama.

I said it back at the time that drawing lines and then refusing to actually make them mean something has nasty long term repercussions.

It isn't easy standing up to a bully without starting a fight, but it can be done. However, it cannot be done AFTER you've given him your lunch money three times already.

Examples, please.

Jonny Cook, Jefferson City, 1993

David Murdock, Jefferson City, 1995

Brad Bertel, Jefferson City, 1998.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

The deadline that may or may not be nonsense will pass in 5 minutes.  :ph34r:

Queequeg

It will be interesting to see how this effect's Ukraine's relationship with a post-Putin Russia. I actually think this war will probably speed up, rather than deter that transition. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Grey Fox

Quote from: DGuller on March 03, 2014, 07:38:42 PM
I have a sinking feeling that when I wake up tomorrow and check Google News, I'll find out that a full-scale war broke out.

And it's going to be wonderful when the missiles reach Moscow.

Also, Edward Snowden is a god damn american hero, he will get his due in time.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 03, 2014, 10:40:37 PM
Also, Edward Snowden is a god damn american hero, he will get his due in time.

Yes, hopefully he will. :menace:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

QuoteRussian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin: Russia's goal in Crimea is to defend human rights, especially those of ethnic Russians. He claims Ukraine is on the brink of civil war and reportedly that civilians have been killed. There have been no reports of this.

He also cited bill - which Ukraine has now vetoed - that would strip the Russian language as a secondary language in Ukraine.Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin said that Ukraine's ousted leader Viktor Yanukovich sent a letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin requesting that he use the Russian military to restore law and order in Ukraine.

"Under the influence of Western countries, there are open acts of terror and violence," Russian Ambassador Vitaly Churkin quoted the letter from Yanukovich to Putin in an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council.

"People are being persecuted for language and political reasons," he quoted the letter as saying. "So in this regard I would call on the President of Russia, Mr Putin, asking him to use the armed forces of the Russian Federation to establish legitimacy, peace, law and order, stability and defending the people of Ukraine."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.