Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

I thought Jacob was pretty direct :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 27, 2014, 03:37:06 PM

Pretty much every fascist believes as you do.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I didn't know every fascist had an opinion of Jake.  He must really get around.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

QuoteNew head of Crimean regional govt says Yanukovych still president, will take instructions from him. http://t.co/zKpI3Zxxq4
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Also, I don't actually hate journos.  Jeez...
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: grumbler on February 27, 2014, 03:40:36 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 27, 2014, 03:37:06 PM

Pretty much every fascist believes as you do.
See, just as direct as saying 'fascist!', but funnier :)
Let's bomb Russia!

citizen k

Sheilbh

Quote from: citizen k on February 27, 2014, 06:11:37 PM
Crimean War Part Deux?
Well last time our main contribution was threatening Russia in the Baltic, we can do that again. I'm sure Dave'll be happy to send the fleet....Oh :( :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 27, 2014, 03:10:04 PM
It was a very passive aggressive post.

Bleh.

QuoteYou suggest, but do not make explicit, that Speesh is authoritarian (an assertion for which I have seen no evidence) and that only authoritarians have low opinions of journalists.

I think Speesh frequently expresses authoritarian sentiments, yes. I did not mean to suggest that only authoritarians are hostile to journalists; I think that's your habitual hostile reading of my posts that's speaking again.

QuoteVirtually the entire board at some point or another has expressed a negative opinion of the journalistic profession.

I disagree with your assessment of the board view of journalists. Besides, the comment in question was not about expressing a negative view of journalists per se (that was the follow up comment), it was about applauding violence done to journalists. There's a difference.

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on February 27, 2014, 03:42:33 PM
I didn't know every fascist had an opinion of Jake.  He must really get around.

He was speaking of people on this board only. I'm not that famous.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 27, 2014, 06:29:48 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 27, 2014, 05:42:57 PM
Also, I don't actually hate journos.  Jeez...

I do however.

It's probably more efficient if you tell us when you don't hate something.