News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Sheilbh

The Kremlin spokesman said they've not signed the deal but welcome any peaceful resolution. I imagine through very gritted teeth.
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on February 21, 2014, 12:32:23 PM
No love for Yulia Tymoshenko?  Isn't she the pro-EU leader?
Wasn't she a Kleptocrat?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 21, 2014, 12:34:40 PM

She's kind of a flake.

Also a crook and a disaster.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 21, 2014, 12:38:00 PM
Wasn't she a Kleptocrat?

:huh:  Not particularly so that I've heard.

She was one of the leaders of the Orange Revolution (together with Yuschenko), but once in power the two did not work well together at all, and the bloom went off the Orange Revolution rose.

When Yanukovych came to power, he then prosecuted Timoshenko for her actions as prime minister in what seemed extremely dubious and politically motivated.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on February 21, 2014, 12:39:14 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 21, 2014, 12:34:40 PM

She's kind of a flake.

Also a crook and a disaster.

You fight a revolution with the leaders you have, not the leaders you wish you had.

She's probably less a flake that Klitschko is. :lol:

DGuller

Unfortunately, she is.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on February 21, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Is this based on anything other than his profession?  Honest question.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 21, 2014, 01:04:10 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 21, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Nope.  Just his history as a heavyweight boxer. -_-

Maximus

I haven't followed him before this crisis, but he has impressed me more than anyone these past few days.

Malthus

My guess is that,if released, Yulia Tymoshenko's political comeback is pretty well guaranteed.

There is no doubt that she's a corrupt oligarch - all Ukranian politicians are. However, her conviction is clearly the result of losing the election - 'winner takes all'.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

My understanding is that blondie was not personally implicated in corruption but others in her government were.  I'd be happy to have my misconception corrected if it is one.

Liep

Does Klitschko own any companies? At least he doesn't strike me as the typical oligarch.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 21, 2014, 01:04:10 PM
He's actually got a PhD in sports science from the Kiev university.