News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elections in Virginia (or how Dems cheat)

Started by Siege, November 07, 2013, 06:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2013, 11:48:21 PM
Quote from: Siege on November 07, 2013, 10:43:33 PM
Raz, this is my answer to your crazy liberalism:

Rush Limbaugh advises 14-year-old on dealing with teachers who indoctrinate liberalism

Rush Limbaugh (10/18/13): "They think that they are utterly, totally normal, that there is nothing biased about them, nothing ideological about them at all. They talk about 'tolerance'... "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91aF-nhUZ48
I'm not going to listen to 23 minutes of Rush Limbaugh on youtube.
It's not like you have anything better to do.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on November 08, 2013, 11:14:13 AM
You can provide military defense on the private market.

No I can't.

And if I could the amount I purchased would be suboptimal from a societal POV because of the positive externality.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on November 08, 2013, 11:06:22 AM
No kidding.  But I think PW was talking specifically about the Republicans absorbing the Know-Nothing party.

Quote from: Samuel BurchardWe are Republicans, and don't propose to leave our party and identify ourselves with the party whose antecedents have been rum, Romanism, and rebellion. We are loyal to our flag.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2013, 11:17:21 AM

No I can't.

And if I could the amount I purchased would be suboptimal from a societal POV because of the positive externality.

I don't know the particulars of why you can't provide it, but I fail to see how something being "suboptimal" to society makes it impossible.  People have or formed private military organizations.  It's not conducive to a stable state, but so what?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on November 08, 2013, 11:15:30 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2013, 11:48:21 PM
Quote from: Siege on November 07, 2013, 10:43:33 PM
Raz, this is my answer to your crazy liberalism:

Rush Limbaugh advises 14-year-old on dealing with teachers who indoctrinate liberalism

Rush Limbaugh (10/18/13): "They think that they are utterly, totally normal, that there is nothing biased about them, nothing ideological about them at all. They talk about 'tolerance'... "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91aF-nhUZ48
I'm not going to listen to 23 minutes of Rush Limbaugh on youtube.
It's not like you have anything better to do.

Pretty much anything I did would have been better.  As it was, I went to sleep.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2013, 11:17:21 AM

No I can't.

But there are no relevant externalities or suboptimal outcomes related to having children grow up malnourished, and grown-ups starve?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on November 08, 2013, 11:23:55 AM
But there are no relevant externalities or suboptimal outcomes related to having children grow up malnourished, and grown-ups starve?

You tell me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on November 08, 2013, 11:22:54 AM
I don't know the particulars of why you can't provide it, but I fail to see how something being "suboptimal" to society makes it impossible.  People have or formed private military organizations.  It's not conducive to a stable state, but so what?

I can't because I don't have enough money.

I mispoke earlier Raz.  Anything can be bought on the private market.  The point is that public goods will not be consumed at the optimal level if left to the private market.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2013, 11:28:57 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 08, 2013, 11:22:54 AM

I can't because I don't have enough money.

I mispoke earlier Raz.  Anything can be bought on the private market.  The point is that public goods will not be consumed at the optimal level if left to the private market.

I'm sorry you you don't have enough money.  Define "Optimal" here.  I can think a lot of goods that are private and can be consumed publicly.

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 08, 2013, 11:34:36 AM
Tone down the razzishness a notch or two.

Stop stalking me.  You going to tell me, what "Optimal" here means or not.

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall