News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elections in Virginia (or how Dems cheat)

Started by Siege, November 07, 2013, 06:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on November 07, 2013, 10:14:38 PM
Gerrymandering is a storied traditional American way of undermining Democracy so does not really count.

How about how Virginia's three democratic congressmen won their districts by 24.5%, 34.0% and 62.8% while the republicans got 8 seats with a lead of only 1.9% state wide over the democrats.

It's this kind of system that produces mysogynists like Ken Cucinelli.

If you cheat at democracy, you can't call yourself the greatest democracy in the world.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

To be fair we sort of leave it up to the States how they want to do their districts.  States' Powers!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on November 07, 2013, 10:30:03 PM
To be fair we sort of leave it up to the States how they want to do their districts.  States' Powers!

I thought you guys sorted the issue of states doing stupid, criminal and immoral things 150 years ago?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on November 07, 2013, 10:36:48 PM

I thought you guys sorted the issue of states doing stupid, criminal and immoral things 150 years ago?

You kidding?  They were forbidding people to vote as little as 50 years ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on November 07, 2013, 10:38:03 PM

Yes, the federal government made them stop. It worked for Lincoln and it worked for LBJ.

Siege

Raz, this is my answer to your crazy liberalism:

Rush Limbaugh advises 14-year-old on dealing with teachers who indoctrinate liberalism

Rush Limbaugh (10/18/13): "They think that they are utterly, totally normal, that there is nothing biased about them, nothing ideological about them at all. They talk about 'tolerance'... "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91aF-nhUZ48

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Viking

Quote from: Siege on November 07, 2013, 10:43:33 PM
Raz, this is my answer to your crazy liberalism:

Rush Limbaugh advises 14-year-old on dealing with teachers who indoctrinate liberalism

Rush Limbaugh (10/18/13): "They think that they are utterly, totally normal, that there is nothing biased about them, nothing ideological about them at all. They talk about 'tolerance'... "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91aF-nhUZ48

Yes, but what advice should teachers give to 14 year olds dealing with asshole Radio Hacks?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Viking on November 07, 2013, 10:45:22 PM
Yes, but what advice should teachers give to 14 year olds dealing with asshole Radio Hacks?

Question everything.

Valmy

THe proper advice to dealing with teachers who try to indoctrinate you is shut up, do the work, get a good grade, and totally ignore their bullshit.  You know, the same way you deal with idiot bosses.  If Rush said anything else he is an idiot.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 07, 2013, 10:38:03 PM

Hell, Virginia was ironing out Jim Crow bullshit from Richmond's municipal code as recently as 1989.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 07, 2013, 10:47:23 PM

Question everything.

That will just get a drug addled fat man violently angry at you.

Habbaku

Quote from: Viking on November 07, 2013, 11:07:10 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 07, 2013, 10:47:23 PM

Question everything.

That will just get a drug addled fat man violently angry at you.

Raz is mostly harmless, fortunately.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"