News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elections in Virginia (or how Dems cheat)

Started by Siege, November 07, 2013, 06:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 07, 2013, 08:23:32 PM
Dude's a freelancer.

Anyway, Siege's sour grapes are just like the Democrats whining about Nader in 2000. People are well aware that their 3rd party vote isn't going to help decide the outcome. They chose not to vote for the Republican candidate.

I think they're exactly like Dems whining about Republican money backing the black retard.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 07, 2013, 08:06:43 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 07, 2013, 07:42:12 PM
So now running alternate candidates is "cheating"?  :lol:

It's comparable to Republicans giving money to that retarded black Democratic candidate in Georgia.  It may not be illegal, but it's not really quite cricket either.

Or attempting voter suppression through voter ID laws.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Right.  Or creating 18 million new Democratic voters through an amnesty.

Razgovory

18 million!   :lol:   You guys always crack me up.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 07, 2013, 08:23:32 PM
Dude's a freelancer.

Anyway, Siege's sour grapes are just like the Democrats whining about Nader in 2000. People are well aware that their 3rd party vote isn't going to help decide the outcome. They chose not to vote for the Republican candidate.
It can certainly help decide the outcome if in the absence of such a candidate they would have voted for one of the two main parties.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Habbaku

Quote from: Siege on November 07, 2013, 06:07:37 PM
In Virginia the Dems won by 3 percent, and this was because they cheated by putting a Libertarian candidate on the ballot to split the conservative vote

:lol:  Ban third parties!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

I'd love to be blazing right now. Sigh, sickening eyes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

And we are surprised?  But don't just assume everybody who votes Libertarian would be voting Republican.  Further 3% seems like a pretty big margin to blame on them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

7% is pretty high for a third party, I suspect a lot of it is protest vote.  The recent government shutdown almost certainly hurt people in Northern Virginia, and probably created ill will toward Republicans in general.

Viking

In a thread about cheating at politics I'm amazed nobody brought up Gerrymandering the House.

Winning the popular vote by 2 points and losing the house by 7.5 points? That's almost 10% of election stealing. And thats not all the gerrymandering, thats republican gerrmandering minus democratic gerrymandering.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Gerrymandering is a storied traditional American way of undermining Democracy so does not really count.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 07, 2013, 10:15:35 PM
:lol:  Don't ever change, Viking.

Don't worry, you'll have your turn to bitch in 2020.