News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elections in Virginia (or how Dems cheat)

Started by Siege, November 07, 2013, 06:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Why are you guys not talking about the elections in Virginia and New Jewrsey?

In Virginia the Dems won by 3 percent, and this was because they cheated by putting a Libertarian candidate on the ballot to split the conservative vote:

Revealed: Obama Campaign Bundler Helping Fund Libertarian in Tight Va. Gubernatorial Race

A major Democratic Party benefactor and Obama campaign bundler helped pay for professional petition circulators responsible for getting Virginia Libertarian gubernatorial candidate Robert C. Sarvis on the ballot — a move that could split conservative votes in a tight race.
Campaign finance records show the Libertarian Booster PAC has made the largest independent contribution to Sarvis' campaign, helping to pay for professional petition circulators who collected signatures necessary to get Sarvis' name on Tuesday's statewide ballot.
Austin, Texas, software billionaire Joe Liemandt is the Libertarian Booster PAC's major benefactor. He's also a top bundler for President Barack Obama. This revelation comes as Virginia voters head to the polls Tuesday in an election where some observers say the third-party gubernatorial candidate could be a spoiler for Republican Ken Cuccinelli.

A spokesman for Sarvis provided no direct answers late Monday when TheBlaze asked about Liemandt's Democrat ties and whether Sarvis had been recruited to split conservative votes as a way to aid Democrat Terry McAuliffe.
"We're coordinating Sarvis interviews with Richmond, Norfolk and Charlottesville TV news teams to reach Virginia voters – our first priority –  on Election Eve," John Vaught LaBeaume, Sarvis communications director and strategist, responded in an email to TheBlaze.
According to Virginia election filings posted by the Virginia Public Access Project, Liemandt contributed $150,000 of the Texas-based Libertarian Booster PAC's $229,000 revenue. The Libertarian Booster PAC reported providing $11,454 to pay for signature collection, yard signs and campaign materials for Sarvis and another $4,690 for four Libertarian candidates running for the Virginia state legislature.

Full article:  http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/05/revealed-obama-campaign-bundler-helping-fund-libertarian-in-tight-va-gubernatorial-race/

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

That's not cheating.  That's called being clever in order to defeat evil.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Sure. If the Tea Party was the one doing this you would hear the screams.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on November 07, 2013, 06:28:43 PM

It appears we are already hearing screams.  From you, posting stuff from Glenn Beck's website.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2013, 06:52:52 PM

It appears we are already hearing screams.  From you, posting stuff from Glenn Beck's website.

How come posting from MSNBC and a gazillion of other liberal crap website is ok, but posting from The Blaze is not ok?

Raz, your fucking bias and bigotry is starting to piss me off.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on November 07, 2013, 06:59:02 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2013, 06:52:52 PM

How come posting from MSNBC and a gazillion of other liberal crap website is ok, but posting from The Blaze is not ok?

Raz, your fucking bias and bigotry is starting to piss me off.

Have I posted something from MSNBC?  I don't recall doing so.  You on the other hand keeping picking up stories from conspiracy-mongers and on occasion on anti-semites.  You have to ask yourself, why do you keep finding yourself on the side of these people?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Camerus

Siegey has become so Americanized he's already picked up the worst dysfunctions of American political culture.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Siege on November 07, 2013, 06:07:37 PM
Why are you guys not talking about the elections in Virginia and New Jewrsey?

We are.  In the OT thread.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on November 07, 2013, 06:07:37 PM
In Virginia the Dems won by 3 percent, and this was because they cheated by putting a Libertarian candidate on the ballot to split the conservative vote:

So now running alternate candidates is "cheating"?  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 07, 2013, 07:42:12 PM
So now running alternate candidates is "cheating"?  :lol:

It's comparable to Republicans giving money to that retarded black Democratic candidate in Georgia.  It may not be illegal, but it's not really quite cricket either.

Eddie Teach

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 07, 2013, 08:09:00 PM
Politics is war, not sport.

It's cold war.  If your black ops get busted that's a ding.

Eddie Teach

Dude's a freelancer.

Anyway, Siege's sour grapes are just like the Democrats whining about Nader in 2000. People are well aware that their 3rd party vote isn't going to help decide the outcome. They chose not to vote for the Republican candidate.