News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Two women pass ranger school

Started by jimmy olsen, August 17, 2015, 11:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Quote from: Legbiter on August 19, 2015, 05:29:05 PM

Mixed-gender combat units have lower survivability, a reduced lethality rate and a reduced deployability rate.
Answer: all-women units :P

derspiess

Quote from: Legbiter on August 20, 2015, 07:01:25 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 19, 2015, 07:45:09 PMYou missed the positive and neutral factors which were also identified. Also this report does not address the impact on CE of women who able to pass something as demanding as Ranger training.  If they bring positive influences and they meet the standard where is the downside?

The study is interestingly rather bipolar, the study observations are level 3 shitlord hatefacts but the commentary which ties it together is all frolicking unicorns shitting rainbows in terms of ease of implementation. Seems like 2 factions worked on it, one did the observations (presumably the infantry guys), the other did the editing.

Well for one thing it's pretty obvious that a unit is going to be less deployable if it includes personnel who could get pregnant.  Don't think you even need a study for that.  Hell, in support units (where, granted, it would probably be more likely to happen than in line units) you have women who just happen to get pregnant right around the time their unit is scheduled to ship out.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Quote from: Brazen on August 20, 2015, 07:32:03 AM

Mixed-gender combat units have lower survivability, a reduced lethality rate and a reduced deployability rate.
yeah, but then they would never attack anyone.

"what enemy do you want to shoot at?"
"I don't know, who do you want to shoot at?"
"I don't know, it doesn't matter, just pick one"

:P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on August 20, 2015, 07:47:45 AM
Quote from: Brazen on August 20, 2015, 07:32:03 AM

yeah, but then they would never attack anyone.

"what enemy do you want to shoot at?"
"I don't know, who do you want to shoot at?"
"I don't know, it doesn't matter, just pick one"

:P

Except for a few days each month where they're shooting at everyone.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall