News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's the deal with Mayor Rob Ford??

Started by OttoVonBismarck, November 04, 2013, 03:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I'm just waiting for David Spade to show up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

R.I.P. Chris Farley.  He was a comic genius.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

derspiess

This dude would have been great to dress up as for Halloween.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on November 08, 2013, 11:09:15 AM

Ten pillows and a crack pipe?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 08, 2013, 07:37:46 AM
I love this picture of Rob Ford opening Toronto Pride:

The context of course is that he really, really did not want to go, and resisted for a few years saying he always spent that weekend at his family cabin.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on November 08, 2013, 11:31:56 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 08, 2013, 11:09:15 AM

Ten pillows and a crack pipe?  ;)

Plus that epic smiley-face tie.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

derspiess

Admiral Yi

Is that pointy-headed gel job considered a good look in Toronto homosexualist circles?

Caliga

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 08, 2013, 10:29:47 AM
R.I.P. Chris Farley.  He was a comic genius.
:yes: :(

If he was still alive there would have been a hilarious SNL skit about this guy this weekend starring Chris, I bet.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Wow, I just read this guy's bio on Wikipedia and (assuming it's accurate) this guy sounds like a complete fucking loser who achieved nothing in life without daddy's help.  I can't for the life of me understand how he managed to get elected to office.... and here I was thinking that everyone in Canada is an amazing enlightened genius.  cc has led me astray  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on November 08, 2013, 12:28:21 PM
Wow, I just read this guy's bio on Wikipedia and (assuming it's accurate) this guy sounds like a complete fucking loser who achieved nothing in life without daddy's help.  I can't for the life of me understand how he managed to get elected to office.... and here I was thinking that everyone in Canada is an amazing enlightened genius.  cc has led me astray  :(
I thought the same thing, though ironically, CC was the one to disabuse me of that notion.

derspiess

Yeah, a small snippet from the rather large "Substance abuse incidents" section in his Wiki page:

QuoteOn St. Patrick's Day in March 2012, Ford was "very intoxicated" at City Hall and a downtown restaurant. According to those attending, Ford held a "wild party" in his office. Ford knocked down a staffer, insulted others, then went to the BierMarkt restaurant. After "flailing around" on the restaurant's dance floor, Ford returned to City Hall by cab, making racial slurs to the driver. The Mayor then wandered around City Hall after 2 AM with a bottle of brandy, swearing at his staffer Earl Provost before security arranged for him to be taken home. The incident was revealed after an e-mail from a City Hall security guard describing the incident was found through Access to Information requests.

I can't stop laughing about this dude.  He is hilarious.