News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's the deal with Mayor Rob Ford??

Started by OttoVonBismarck, November 04, 2013, 03:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2014, 12:27:38 PM
I'm sure Karen is ... flattered.

Not exactly "disparaging" ...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04/30/rob-ford-tape-full-text-the-audio-tape-of-the-toronto-mayor-at-an-etobicoke-bar-disparaging-karen-stintz/

Entertaining but not exactly a bombshell and he's entitled to his private conversation without some jerk recording him.

But this begs the poll/thread: "Would you jam Karen Stintz?" :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2014, 12:38:05 PM

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04/30/rob-ford-tape-full-text-the-audio-tape-of-the-toronto-mayor-at-an-etobicoke-bar-disparaging-karen-stintz/

Entertaining but not exactly a bombshell and he's entitled to his private conversation without some jerk recording him.

She doesn't want ...

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

I honestly wish we had a mayor like this.  Maybe with a little less crack smoking.  Yeah, we had Jerry Springer but Rob Ford is just way more entertaining in every possible way.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2014, 12:38:05 PM

Before anyone asks...

Tried to pick a representative pic. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

I would not.  :hmm:

Maybe if I was as drunk and high as Rob Ford, and single.

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2014, 07:58:47 AM
Betrayed by his crack dealer.  :(

It is a sad day when you can't even trust your crack dealer ...

This week we've learned that you can't trust your gold-digging mistress or your crack dealer.  There's nothing left to believe in.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josephus

[Languish] I don't believe that's Rob Ford. Really. We can't trust newspapers. They make stuff up all the time. That can be anybody. Shoddy journalims. How do we know it's not doctored. I mean the only source we have is this:
An anonymous patron  Obviously an NDP-er. [/Languish]
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

It wasn't all languish, it was mainly CC :D

Anyway, I'll miss him. He was fun at least.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on May 01, 2014, 07:17:58 PM

CC still posts here  :huh:

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on May 01, 2014, 07:19:33 PM

For now. :menace:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: Jacob on May 01, 2014, 07:19:33 PM

:P Ford, I'll miss Ford
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

I took it that way too.

CC rage quit? When ?  :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Someone mentioned California champagne once too often.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on May 01, 2014, 07:12:32 PM

[Languish] I don't believe that's Rob Ford. Really. We can't trust newspapers. They make stuff up all the time. That can be anybody. Shoddy journalims. How do we know it's not doctored. I mean the only source we have is this:
An anonymous patron  Obviously an NDP-er. [/Languish]
They do make stuff up all the time.
Evidence?

Le Devoir.  Pride itself on being the only independant media in Quebec.  Frequently, they make "mistakes".
One of the most memorable?  "Désormais" (Henceforth).

Paul Sauvé succeeded Maurice Duplessis as Premier in 1959.  Le Devoir reported that in speech at the National Assembly he pronounced the word "Désormais" to distance himself from Duplessis' era.

Problem is, he never used the word.  But it's recored in history.  Everywhere except in the National Assembly's archives, wich some modern historians dug up to prove he didn't say it.  Nonetheless, the newspapers version remains "canon".

Another one?
La Presse.  One of the columnist accused the Conservatives of considering their adversaries as pedophiles.  The sentence used was something along "We must also protect our adversaries children from pedophiles".  Clear enough to understand the meaning.  Muddy enough for twisted minds to 'think' the Conservatives want to protect children from neo-democrats pedos.

So yeah, journalists make stuff up all the time when it's not their "option" they're talking about.  See the thread about Kerry and the dangers of Israel becoming an apartheid state, how it got twisted by medias from left to right.

So yeah, all the stuff about Rob Ford, at first, when there was no evidence, it could have been faked, twisted, distorted, exagerated.

Of course, now, we have evidence.

But I still don't care, he's not my mayor, he's not even in my province, it's up the good people of Toronto to decide if they want him as their mayor.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.