News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's the deal with Mayor Rob Ford??

Started by OttoVonBismarck, November 04, 2013, 03:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Scipio on November 19, 2013, 12:57:22 PM
To unironically quote the Madison (WI) protestors, 'This is what democracy looks like.' Thank God I live in a republic.

Ah outdated 18th century distinctions.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Republics dont have locally elected municipal governments?

CountDeMoney

Quote"You guys have just attacked Kuwait," Mayor Ford said a speech

I'd have more respect for him if he had mentioned Dunkirk, or the Ia Drang Valley.  YOU GUYS HAVE JUST CROSSED THE YALU

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 19, 2013, 01:06:40 PM
Republics dont have locally elected municipal governments?

I'm not sure what AmScip's thing had to do with Rob Ford. I think the Wisconsin protesters were just protesting the individuals who had pushed for a recall election against Governor Scott Walker, which was not successful. I think the point being that in a Republic, I guess, you're supposed to accept when someone is elected they get to hold office until their term is up and should not be subject to the random democratic whims of the "mob." But I don't really know, people who hold signs up are so stupid it's hard to meaningfully articulate a reasonable concept out of what is probably a dangerously stupid idea.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 19, 2013, 01:15:14 PM
people who hold signs up are so stupid it's hard to meaningfully articulate a reasonable concept out of what is probably a dangerously stupid idea.

Like fucking Jaron. Crazy Canuck.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 19, 2013, 01:33:05 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 19, 2013, 01:15:14 PM
people who hold signs up are so stupid it's hard to meaningfully articulate a reasonable concept out of what is probably a dangerously stupid idea.

Like fucking Jaron.

Which one of you holds the sign when you engage in the act?

Eddie Teach

You made a good choice to become a lawyer instead of a logician.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 19, 2013, 02:01:49 PM
You made a good choice to become a lawyer instead of a logician.

If you dont want to reveal more details about your love life, I can respect that.

Eddie Teach

Nah, that's ok. I fixed my post so it's all out in the open now.  :)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 19, 2013, 02:28:47 PM
Nah, that's ok. I fixed my post so it's all out in the open now.  :)

I will add you to my list of admirers.  But please know that its never going to happen.

OttoVonBismarck

I'm not sure there is a robust job market for logicians.

Savonarola

QuoteCrack-smoking Toronto mayor taking leave to seek help, lawyer says

TORONTO — The lawyer for Toronto Mayor Rob Ford says Ford will take a leave of absence to seek help for substance abuse.

Dennis Morris, Ford's lawyer, said Wednesday night that Ford acknowledges he has a substance abuse problem and he wants to do something about it.

Ford, who is seeking re-election in the October election, acknowledged last year after months of denials that he smoked crack in a "drunken stupor" after police said they obtained a video that appears to show him smoking crack. The video has never been released to the public.

News reports of the crack video's existence first surfaced last May, igniting a media firestorm around Ford. He careened from one scandal to another, becoming a national embarrassment for many Canadians.

:(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Is he still getting enough to eat at home?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Betrayed by his crack dealer.  :(

It is a sad day when you can't even trust your crack dealer ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)