And we're back!

Main Menu

At last a dating site for the rest of us

Started by Savonarola, October 29, 2013, 10:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on October 29, 2013, 04:13:00 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 29, 2013, 03:39:54 PM
God, the article really underlines a lot of what's wrong with leftism today--or at least feminism--namely considering humans so weak that practically any interaction between them is bound to have some sort of negative consequences, and puffing up behavior that is simply lame to the status of behavior that is evil.

Yet it overlooks the key deficiency of Carrot: overtly bribing a woman to go on a date with you is fucking pathetic and no woman is likely to be very attracted to you if you engage in it, and if that's the case is there really any reason not to just hire a prostitute?

There is no level of pathetic-ness some guys will not sink to, to get laid.

Fortunately, that fact is matched by the fact that there is no level of degredation some women will not sink to, to get free stuff.  :P 

Truly the stuff of romance!  :lol:

I think this should be distinguished from prostitution, too.  Buying the services of a hooker is dangerous for a lot of reasons, but is neither cool nor lame, in the same way that buying a pizza or hiring an accountant is neither cool nor lame, in itself.

But paying someone for the chance to prove that you're not a loser is--

My God, it's the higher education model imported into dating.  This is the true end of history.  I hope we all die peacefully, and with dignity. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

I'm probably too cynical for that website.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on October 29, 2013, 04:24:23 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 29, 2013, 04:13:00 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 29, 2013, 03:39:54 PM
God, the article really underlines a lot of what's wrong with leftism today--or at least feminism--namely considering humans so weak that practically any interaction between them is bound to have some sort of negative consequences, and puffing up behavior that is simply lame to the status of behavior that is evil.

Yet it overlooks the key deficiency of Carrot: overtly bribing a woman to go on a date with you is fucking pathetic and no woman is likely to be very attracted to you if you engage in it, and if that's the case is there really any reason not to just hire a prostitute?

There is no level of pathetic-ness some guys will not sink to, to get laid.

Fortunately, that fact is matched by the fact that there is no level of degredation some women will not sink to, to get free stuff.  :P 

Truly the stuff of romance!  :lol:

I think this should be distinguished from prostitution, too.  Buying the services of a hooker is dangerous for a lot of reasons, but is neither cool nor lame, in the same way that buying a pizza or hiring an accountant is neither cool nor lame, in itself.

But paying someone for the chance to prove that you're not a loser is--

My God, it's the higher education model imported into dating.  This is the true end of history.  I hope we all die peacefully, and with dignity. :(

What, you mean it ends with a lifetime of debt and not being laid? That would suck.   ;)

Anyway, seems to me that prostitution versus romance is a sliding scale and not an absolute. This website/app is pretty far down the "prostitution" end of the scale.  ;) No doubt theoretically people could take the nose job and not actually put out, but somehow that strikes me as an unlikely scenario.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Sure.  Specific performance for contracts for sex gets ordered all the time.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Richard Hakluyt

The app will fail if its creator has misjudged human nature.

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on October 29, 2013, 04:35:00 PM
Sure.  Specific performance for contracts for sex gets ordered all the time.

More like 'so you want that nose job? Well, how much do ya want it?'  :perv:

Only a complete fool would pay for the procedure before he sampled the goods, so to speak.*

*Yes, I realize that 'complete fools' may well be the target demographic, but still.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on October 29, 2013, 04:18:52 PM
The sooner one admits that everything leads to violence against women, the better.  :hmm:

I do, especially once I ask her for her phone number.