News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Which movie(s) do you remain "loyal" to?

Started by Oexmelin, April 26, 2021, 06:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 11, 2021, 08:03:52 PM
Billy Jack is one awesome slo mo kick and and hour and a half of root canal work.

;)
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jacob

I'm still loyal to old Run-Run Shaw kung-fu films.

garbon

Billy Jack was something my mother loved when it came out and then was deeply embarrassed when she had her children watch it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Better Off Dead is another one that would make my list.

grumbler

Quote from: celedhring on May 12, 2021, 04:56:41 AM
Better Off Dead is another one that would make my list.

But that's a fairly highly-rated movie.  There's reasons to like it besides loyalty.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

It was a box office flop, certainly not among the best of movies (or even pirate movies), but I loved it as a kid, and it still makes me smile today. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on May 23, 2021, 05:15:17 AM
(snip)

It was a box office flop, certainly not among the best of movies (or even pirate movies), but I loved it as a kid, and it still makes me smile today. :D

That's quite a cast.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

celedhring

My favorite pirate movie when I was a kid was "Black Swan", closely followed by "Crimson Pirate". The latter seemed to be on TV every other weekend.

Syt

Crimson Pirate was great. I also loved The Buccaneer with Yul Brynner as Lafitte, and prominently featuring the Battle of New Orleans 1815. :wub:

And of course there was also Il Corsaro Nero, or Blackie the Pirate with Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill. :D

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.