Fetch the penis beaker, you've pulled!

Started by Brazen, October 10, 2013, 04:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 10, 2013, 06:41:21 PM
So pulled = cum in Brit speak?

No,

Down the boozer, you chat up a 'bird'*, ask her back to your place, she agrees, you leave together, your mates might say "he's pulled"

So it's a good, but not racing certainty you'll have sex. 

Though not, as with all English, the meaning of the phase could have changed significantly over time, so my understanding might be different to current use or how Josq. would use it. 

* in fashion from about 1971-73 and probably mainly used on sub-par British tv 'comedies' of the time.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 10, 2013, 07:01:08 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 10, 2013, 06:41:21 PM
So pulled = cum in Brit speak?
Jesus, no. That's a hideous thread title <_<

How about "Penis beakers: coming into fashion?"
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Viking on October 10, 2013, 08:48:46 AM
Am I the only guy who read the thread title "Fetch the penis bReaker, you've pulled!"

Penis Breaker would be a good name for a feminist metal band.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.