Stupid stuff politicians have said

Started by merithyn, October 04, 2013, 12:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Education, EDucation, EDUCation!

That takes some beating.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

QuoteNo one will take it away. No matter what.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on October 28, 2013, 05:07:06 PM
QuoteNo one will take it away. No matter what.

It would help if you posted who said it. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Siege

Obama:

1) Carried out military interventionism in Libya without Congressional approval

2) Gave a no-bid contract to Halliburton – just like Bush did

3) Has an administration full of lobbyists, after promising he wouldn't have any

4) Has close ties to Wall St., but pretends to support Occupy Wall St.

5) Broke his promise to close Guantanamo Bay

6) Supported the $700 billion TARP corporate-welfare bailout just like Bush

7) Waged the biggest war against medical marijuana of any president, which was the opposite of what he had promised

8) Nominated a six-time tax cheater to head the government agency that enforces the tax laws

9) Gave tax dollars to AIG executives, then pretended to be outraged about it

12) Increased the national debt more in one term than Bush did in two

17) Ordered private company to fire 1,000 employees

In 2011, after Boeing had hired 1,000 new employees to work at its new factory in South Carolina, the Obama administration ordered Boeing to shut down the factory, because the factory was non-union.

18) Stole money from retired teachers and police officers

19) Supported release of convicted mass murderer

In 2010, Obama supported releasing Lockerbie bomber Abdel Baset al-Megrahi (who had been convicted of murdering 270 people) from prison.

20) Illegally put thousands of guns into hands of criminals

In Operation Fast and Furious, the Obama administration ordered gun storeowners to illegally sell thousands of guns to criminals.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/tim-brown/252-examples-of-obamas-lying-lawbreaking-corruption/

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on October 28, 2013, 10:50:12 PM
Obama:

1) Carried out military interventionism in Libya without Congressional approval

Source:  Dennis Kucinich!   :lol:  Nice try.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 29, 2013, 05:39:55 AM
It's not a controversial claim Raz. :mellow: 

True.  It isn't any more controversial than the claim that, on Aug 14, 2011, he went to the bathroom without congressional approval. :mellow:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on October 28, 2013, 12:15:01 PM
QuoteIf you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period.

This one is turning out to be quite a whopper.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2013, 07:26:44 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 28, 2013, 12:15:01 PM
QuoteIf you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period.

This one is turning out to be quite a whopper.
Yeah.  Not a devastating lie, like "mission accomplished," but more stupid on the face of it than "read my lips:  no new taxes."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

I think Obama's gaffe is getting a lot of mileage mostly because we're in a down news cycle and because it's amplified by the Obamacare.gov fuckup.

The actual number of health plans that his original statement doesn't apply to is pretty small.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 10:56:17 AM
I think Obama's gaffe is getting a lot of mileage mostly because we're in a down news cycle and because it's amplified by the Obamacare.gov fuckup.

The actual number of health plans that his original statement doesn't apply to is pretty small.

I thought I heard upwards of 15 million people affected.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on November 06, 2013, 11:34:50 AM

Interesting.  Source?

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 11:36:43 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 06, 2013, 11:34:50 AM

Interesting.  Source?

The radio (NPR).  Actually I think that was just the number of people who bought their own policies prior to Obamacare.  Something like half to 75% of them may lose their policies.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on November 06, 2013, 11:40:26 AM
The radio (NPR).  Actually I think that was just the number of people who bought their own policies prior to Obamacare.  Something like half to 75% of them may lose their policies.

On the one hand 8 million people is rounding error, on the other it's too big to sweep under the political rug.