News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Stupid stuff politicians have said

Started by merithyn, October 04, 2013, 12:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

For cdm- "I am in control here in the White House"
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

" A year ago my approval rating was in the thirties, my nomonie for the USSC had withdrawn, and my vice president had shot someone. Ahhh those were the good ole days."
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Legbiter

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 04, 2013, 06:35:37 PMHe currently sits on the European Parliament's Women's Rights and Gender Equality Committee.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

DGuller

It's easy to poke fun at politicians.  Problem is that it makes it look like politicians are the one responsible for the governing mess.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2013, 06:46:24 PM
"Peace in our time"
"Thousand points of light"
"History written with fire"
"Segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever"
"Strategery"
"I took the initiative in creating the internet"
Didn't Wilson say Lightning?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

I like history written with fire better.  That's how we did it in 1945.  And it worked.

Boomers ruined it like everything else.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on October 05, 2013, 01:55:27 AM
I like history written with fire better.  That's how we did it in 1945.  And it worked.

Yes. No first strike. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Quote from: The Brain on October 05, 2013, 03:30:30 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 05, 2013, 01:55:27 AM

Yes. No first strike. :(

:lol: Alright, fair enough.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DontSayBanana

This thread would not be complete without an archival of the late, great Ted Stevens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99PcP0aFNE
Experience bij!

OttoVonBismarck

Robert Byrd having a elderly-man fit over Michael Vick's dog fighting ring is classic for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V95eGgZbrU

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 05, 2013, 10:17:28 AM
Robert Byrd having a elderly-man fit over Michael Vick's dog fighting ring is classic for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V95eGgZbrU

My favorite Byrd rant is one where he was actually semi-kidding around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWuPkNLla4
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on October 04, 2013, 10:11:26 PM
It's easy to poke fun at politicians.  Problem is that it makes it look like politicians are the one responsible for the governing mess.

Yeah, I'm glad nobody is sitting around copying every stupid thing I say.  Sucks to be you guys though. :D
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on October 05, 2013, 10:45:58 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2013, 10:49:49 PM
My bad.

And was "strategery" an actual Bush gaffe or a Will Farrell thing?
I believe you know the answer to this rhetorical question.