News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[iOS] Starbase Orion MP

Started by Barrister, September 26, 2013, 11:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on September 26, 2014, 12:59:32 PM
I am playing at the same pace that Berkut is playing our tournament game of Pursuit of Glory.

LOL. I had a suspicion you were doing that...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Sorry guys for dropping out - I missed a couple of turns and then it felt like there is no point coming back. Hope you can continue without me. :)

Berkut

Missing a couple turns early is no big deal.dont make me rethink letting you back...

0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on September 27, 2014, 03:25:22 PM
Sorry guys for dropping out - I missed a couple of turns and then it felt like there is no point coming back. Hope you can continue without me. :)

Marty I would much prefer if you rejoined than if you just quit and never came back.  The game lasts a long time - missing 5-6 turns is far from fatal. 
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Okay, so Marti I wish you'd come back to the game.

If, however, you're determined you will not, please at least quit the game, so we don't have to wait 23 hours every day in case you might enter a move.

Martinus

Sorry, I will quit today - it is just that I upgraded my iPad to the new iOS and now have to reinstall everything because Apple.  <_<

Berkut

So why did you say you wanted to play to begin with? Just wanted to screw up the game?

0 rows returned

Barrister

Habs - how come you quit the game?

Habbaku

Clobbered by the AI and it didn't seem like anyone was into diplomacy.  I admit, these types of games are mostly about interesting diplo for me, not seeing how to better run my systems (which I did pretty terribly this time around).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

We hadn't really gotten to the diplo point yet... :(

0 rows returned

Tonitrus

Quote from: Berkut on October 28, 2014, 05:09:14 PM

Yeah, though I do sympathize with the malevolent AI bit...they tend to pick on one person, and I wasn't really in any position to help without doing  some kind of full-on "lend lease" effort...still very much in the build/grow industry phase.

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on October 28, 2014, 05:09:14 PM
yeah I still have only contacted Bernie so far...

Tonitrus

Mart would be proud of his AI, it is attacking and annoying the hell out of everybody.  :P

Berkut

Fake Marti is much more competent than real Marty.

0 rows returned

Barrister

So apparently I'm pretty terrible at this game.

I'd never made any contact with any other player but Berkut, and he seemed occupied fighting the AI, so I though I would just build up and up.  Then Berkut had wiped everyone else out so I took my enormous killer fleet and marched it into Berkut's territory.  Somehow he was able to slow my fleet so he intercepted it with his own fleet.  Numbers looked roughly comparable... and the battle lasted about 5 seconds as my fleet exploded in a million flashes of light, while Berk's wasn't even scratched.

I would be willing to give this game another go though.  Anyone else interested, and willing to commit to actually playing?