News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obamacare and you

Started by Jacob, September 25, 2013, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the impact of Obamacare for you (and your family)? Assuming it doesn't get defunded or delayed, of course...

I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
9 (14.1%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
5 (7.8%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
6 (9.4%)
My state is embracing Obamacare, but I have no clue how it will impact me personally.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
0 (0%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
7 (10.9%)
My state is rejecting Obamacare and I have no idea how Obamacare is going to impact me.
1 (1.6%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me, but I'm watching how the whole thing plays out with interest.
20 (31.3%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me and frankly I don't care.
8 (12.5%)
Some other option because the previous 10 were not enough...
6 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on November 12, 2013, 08:51:12 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2013, 08:46:16 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 12, 2013, 08:36:43 PM
That a 65 y/o woman doesnt think she needs, maternity and newborn care, and pediatric services, with oral and vision. But Obamacare mandates it. What a fucking joke.

That a 65 year old woman thinks she still needs to buy for-profit insurance with those mandated coverages when she already qualifies for Medicare, she deserves to pay more anyway.   :P

You get the point. Why cant you choose? Your boy lied Seedy, LIED.

I'll laugh my ass off if Hillary gets in there and overhauls it for the better.

Seriously, dude?  Of all the shit that's bouncing off your echo chamber of a FOX media bubble, this example is the one you're going to go with?

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2013, 08:55:22 PM
That a 65 y/o woman doesnt think she needs, maternity and newborn care, and pediatric services, with oral and vision. But Obamacare mandates it. What a fucking joke.

That a 65 year old woman thinks she still needs to buy for-profit insurance with those mandated coverages when she already qualifies for Medicare, she deserves to pay more anyway.   :P

You get the point. Why cant you choose? Your boy lied Seedy, LIED.

Seriously, dude?  Of all the shit that's bouncing off your echo chamber of a FOX media bubble, this example is the one you're going to go with?

That the Prez lied? You bet, because he did. You Obama worshipers cant spin that. :lol:

We'll see what 2014 mid-terms bring, Sparky. 
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on November 12, 2013, 08:55:16 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 12, 2013, 08:48:38 PM

True. How dare she not suckle on the gov't teat! :angry:

Who's teat do you suck?

I wish I had a teat. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on November 12, 2013, 08:58:54 PM
That the Prez lied? You bet, because he did. You Obama worshipers cant spin that. :lol:

We'll see what 2014 mid-terms bring, Sparky.

No, Muttski;  your example of some 65 year old women forced to buy coverage with mandated neo-natal care when she's already qualified for Medicare.  I mean, if that's the sort of "choice" example you're going with, that's a poor one.

Simply bleating OBAMA LIED PIPPLE DIED over and over again in this thread doesn't make any points, other than the one on the top of your head.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2013, 09:02:32 PM

No, Muttski;  your example of some 65 year old women forced to buy coverage with mandated neo-natal care when she's already qualified for Medicare.  I mean, if that's the sort of "choice" example you're going with, that's a poor one.

Granted, change that to what I posted above. That shitholes your argument. I'll put a 20 spot that

1. They will pass something that allows people to keep their current plans if they want.

2. Allow the plan to be tailor made to the individual. (IOW, if you dont need the pediatric shit you can dump it.)

Care to make that bet????

Simply bleating OBAMA LIED PIPPLE DIED over and over again in this thread doesn't make any points, other than the one on the top of your head.

Argue that he didnt.  ;)
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

When he says he has never traded arms for hostages' healthcare coverage, I believe him.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2013, 09:21:42 PM
When he says he has never traded arms for hostages' healthcare coverage, I believe him.

Take the bet.

merithyn

How will she manage that with the House owned by the Republicans, and little chance of that changing due to gerry-mandering? They're the reason the ACA looks the way it does right now, and it's not because of Obama.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on November 12, 2013, 09:08:49 PM
Granted, change that to what I posted above. That shitholes your argument. I'll put a 20 spot that

1. They will pass something that allows people to keep their current plans if they want.

2. Allow the plan to be tailor made to the individual. (IOW, if you dont need the pediatric shit you can dump it.)

They can't. There's no way that it will be affordable for anyone if it's piece-mealed like that.

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on November 12, 2013, 11:54:46 PM

How will she manage that with the House owned by the Republicans, and little chance of that changing due to gerry-mandering? They're the reason the ACA looks the way it does right now, and it's not because of Obama.

Bullshit

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on November 12, 2013, 11:56:34 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 12, 2013, 09:08:49 PM

They can't. There's no way that it will be affordable for anyone if it's piece-mealed like that.
Affordable????

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on November 13, 2013, 12:02:16 AM
Quote from: merithyn on November 12, 2013, 11:54:46 PM

Bullshit

Not really. And you're not answering the other questions.

Quote from: 11B4V on November 13, 2013, 12:02:57 AM
Quote from: merithyn on November 12, 2013, 11:56:34 PM
Affordable????

Yes, affordable. The reality is that most people won't have to pay more for insurance under the ACA. If people were allowed to only select via the a la cart method, it wouldn't be at all.

Sheilbh

Yeah, that'd show him :P
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

It would seem that the ACA relies on many people losing their health care and going into the Federal exchanges in order to pay for it all. Administration info being released recently shows that they expect 90 million people to lose coverage and other estimates are higher. I think that's when the employer mandate kicks in and employer plans are lost, or what ever else causes that. The admin knew this as early as 2010, from internal memos/documents.

The Dems are panicked over this so you know there are huge problems, and I think this is only the tip of the iceberg.

I didn't think it would be this messed up but the reports coming out now look bad and the future outlook seems even worse. 

As for the low enrollment so far, ACA detractors keep touting the low numbers but that will change over time. It's too early but I think the Obama admin was expecting more to sign up by now, even if the web site worked. I think that was over zealous thinking. Takes time.

Admiral Yi

That number sounds suspiciously similar to the total number of uninsured people in America K.