News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obamacare and you

Started by Jacob, September 25, 2013, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the impact of Obamacare for you (and your family)? Assuming it doesn't get defunded or delayed, of course...

I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
9 (14.1%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
5 (7.8%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
6 (9.4%)
My state is embracing Obamacare, but I have no clue how it will impact me personally.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
0 (0%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
7 (10.9%)
My state is rejecting Obamacare and I have no idea how Obamacare is going to impact me.
1 (1.6%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me, but I'm watching how the whole thing plays out with interest.
20 (31.3%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me and frankly I don't care.
8 (12.5%)
Some other option because the previous 10 were not enough...
6 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Admiral Yi

:thumbsdown:

Up to now Bubba has been quite good about not Monday Morning Quarterbacking the presidency.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 12, 2013, 08:25:19 PM
:thumbsdown:

Up to now Bubba has been quite good about not Monday Morning Quarterbacking the presidency.
But he's one hell of a surrogate.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Yeah, that was pretty bad form, and a pretty bad policy.  The reason some are losing their individual coverage is because it was substandard.  Does Bill want to force insurers to provide better coverage for the same price, or dispense with the basic standards for health insurance?

11B4V

'Bout time Bill. Right on point.

Substandard how?

That a 65 y/o woman doesnt think she needs, maternity and newborn care, and pediatric services, with oral and vision. But Obamacare mandates it. What a fucking joke.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on November 12, 2013, 08:36:43 PM

Substandard how?

That a 65 y/o woman doesnt think she needs, maternity and newborn care, and pediatric services, with oral and vision. But Obamacare mandates it. What a fucking joke.

I might knock her up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Et tu, Bubba?

Meh, it's all positioning now for Hillarypalooza 2016, anyway.  That man wants to be in the White House again so bad, he can taste it.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on November 12, 2013, 08:29:04 PM
Yeah, that was pretty bad form, and a pretty bad policy.  The reason some are losing their individual coverage is because it was substandard.  Does Bill want to force insurers to provide better coverage for the same price, or dispense with the basic standards for health insurance?

Actually I don't think it's quite as bad policy as you make out.  Employer provided and individually purchased plans that existed before Obamacare was signed into law were grandfathered in.  By the same logic those individual plans bought after the law was enacted could be grandfathered.

Admiral Yi

Substandard how?

Deductibles too big, annual/lifetime caps, not enough whore pills.  Things like that.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 12, 2013, 08:38:08 PM

Substandard how?

I might knock her up.

:P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

That a 65 year old woman thinks she still needs to buy for-profit insurance with those mandated coverages when she already qualifies for Medicare, she deserves to pay more anyway.   :P

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 12, 2013, 08:46:16 PM

That a 65 year old woman thinks she still needs to buy for-profit insurance with those mandated coverages when she already qualifies for Medicare, she deserves to pay more anyway.   :P

True. How dare she not suckle on the gov't teat! :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

You get the point. Why cant you choose? Your boy lied Seedy, LIED.

I'll laugh my ass off if Hillary gets in there and overhauls it for the better.

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on November 12, 2013, 08:48:38 PM

Go with past child bearing years then.

CountDeMoney

Shit, they've got no problem clawing your eyes out for that discount at the movies or the IHOP, they're damned well gonna git whatfer's owed to 'em for fighting in Vietnam.

Razgovory

Who's teat do you suck?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017