News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obamacare and you

Started by Jacob, September 25, 2013, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the impact of Obamacare for you (and your family)? Assuming it doesn't get defunded or delayed, of course...

I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
9 (14.1%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
5 (7.8%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
6 (9.4%)
My state is embracing Obamacare, but I have no clue how it will impact me personally.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
0 (0%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
7 (10.9%)
My state is rejecting Obamacare and I have no idea how Obamacare is going to impact me.
1 (1.6%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me, but I'm watching how the whole thing plays out with interest.
20 (31.3%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me and frankly I don't care.
8 (12.5%)
Some other option because the previous 10 were not enough...
6 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on October 24, 2016, 07:19:51 PM
All according to plan, right?

Definitely going according to the plans of those who have planned to obstruct the law as best they can.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on October 24, 2016, 09:09:58 PM

Definitely going according to the plans of those who have planned to obstruct the law as best they can.

Nonsense.  If Obama hadn't vetoed all those reforms passed by the Republican House and Senate, the healthcare plan problems would all have been addressed.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on October 24, 2016, 07:43:54 PM

Fortunately now that everybody has a green job they can easily afford it.

:thumbsup:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I have a green job.  I am 100% recyclable. :)

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 25, 2016, 12:51:36 PM
I have a green job.  I am 100% recyclable. :)

Chairman Yang would agree.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 26, 2016, 10:59:14 PM
So it *is* working as designed :lol:

https://youtu.be/D2vIObt6KgU

It is, actually.  They wanted the free market involved, they got the free market involved.

derspiess

CountDeMoney

I have the opportunity to purchase health care I would otherwise not have access to, despite your attempts to prevent me from doing so. 

So sorry, motherfucker--you want to kill me, your niggerhating ass is going to have to catch a connecting flight to Maryland and do it yourself.

derspiess

Chillax, brah. Remember I said I was glad you got some benefit from it.

And I was fighting for your freedom not to carry insurance if you didn't want it.

garbon

That's so kind. Fighting for him to go broke on medical bills.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on October 26, 2016, 11:45:14 PM
And I was fighting for your freedom not to carry insurance if you didn't want it.
No, what you were really doing is fighting for him to not have any affordable options to purchase insurance.

Scipio

Government tit healthcare is still fucking wonderful, BTW.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 26, 2016, 11:45:14 PM
Chillax, brah. Remember I said I was glad you got some benefit from it.

So touching.  We are truly fortunate to have patriots like yourself willing to defend default choice logic. 

Thank you for protecting my right to not buy Diet Coke.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on October 27, 2016, 09:35:55 AM
Government tit healthcare is still fucking wonderful, BTW.

Millions of welfare queens government employees agree!