News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obamacare and you

Started by Jacob, September 25, 2013, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the impact of Obamacare for you (and your family)? Assuming it doesn't get defunded or delayed, of course...

I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
9 (14.1%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
5 (7.8%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
6 (9.4%)
My state is embracing Obamacare, but I have no clue how it will impact me personally.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
0 (0%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
7 (10.9%)
My state is rejecting Obamacare and I have no idea how Obamacare is going to impact me.
1 (1.6%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me, but I'm watching how the whole thing plays out with interest.
20 (31.3%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me and frankly I don't care.
8 (12.5%)
Some other option because the previous 10 were not enough...
6 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2013, 12:30:53 PM
Free stuff is pretty popular when you can't afford real stuff in the first place.

Then you admit obamacare is unaffordable.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on October 28, 2013, 12:36:16 PM
Free stuff is pretty popular when you can't afford real stuff in the first place.

:huh:   Your technique needs work.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

The ACA only works in combination with the federal sub, not without.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Medicaid experts say they're not sure why they're seeing the lopsided enrollment numbers, but point out it's easier to enroll in Medicaid than private insurance.   

The Obama administration says they expected these high enrollment numbers in Medicaid because the law expands the number of low-income people who can get Medicaid, CBS News' Jan Crawford reported on "CBS This Morning." Supporters say this shows demand. But industry sources say that if we do not see some real turnaround soon, there could be big problems for the entire system. 

Really? The Medicaid "experts" couldn't see this likely possibility? If someone is low income and qualifies for free Medicaid, why and why should they, sign up for a plan under the ACA. Makes perfect sense.

The ACA plan needs young people to sign up but with the expansion of Medicaid plus covering young'uns on their parent's insurance up to age 26 that all would seem to cut into the numbers of those in the needed younger ages who will sign up for the new ACA plans.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

There was a 0% chance of a website of that scale, complexity, and load would roll out in the manner they designed without massive problems.

This should have been a graduated release, scaling up over time with a carefully managed release schedule driven by the technical requirements. Of course, that was politically impossible, so what we have is completely predictable and inevitable.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

No, dumbass.  Private insurance is unaffordable to the indigent, which is why you see people who couldn't afford private providers before suddenly enrolling in expanded Medicaid.

So sorry, 11B, but you just may see more black people with Medicaid in the future.   Sucks to be you.

11B4V

Quote from: KRonn on October 28, 2013, 12:39:17 PM
Medicaid experts say they're not sure why they're seeing the lopsided enrollment numbers, but point out it's easier to enroll in Medicaid than private insurance.   

The Obama administration says they expected these high enrollment numbers in Medicaid because the law expands the number of low-income people who can get Medicaid, CBS News' Jan Crawford reported on "CBS This Morning." Supporters say this shows demand. But industry sources say that if we do not see some real turnaround soon, there could be big problems for the entire system. 

Really? The Medicaid "experts" couldn't see this likely possibility? If someone is low income and qualifies for free Medicaid, why and why should they, sign up for a plan under the ACA. Makes perfect sense.

The ACA plan needs young people to sign up but with the expansion of Medicaid plus covering young'uns on their parent's insurance up to age 26 that all would seem to cut into the numbers of those in the needed younger ages who will sign up for the new ACA plans.

:yes:

It needs the young folks or it will implode making premiums through the roof.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on October 28, 2013, 12:44:14 PM

Hell, it certainly doesn't need old people.  The company covering my father's healthcare policy through his retirement package sent the notice they're terminating his policy last week. 
Effective January 1, they're sending him and my mother cash instead.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2013, 12:43:11 PM

No, dumbass.  Private insurance is unaffordable to the indigent, which is why you see people who couldn't afford private providers before suddenly enrolling in expanded Medicaid.

So this benefits the Obamacare plan how???? So this helps the overall scheme of Obamacare???

QuoteSo sorry, 11B, but you just may see more black people with Medicaid in the future.   Sucks to be you.

Your statement just reinforces the stigma of the "Fourty Seven Percenters".

Keep spouting the party line Sparky

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2013, 12:46:26 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 28, 2013, 12:44:14 PM

Hell, it certainly doesn't need old people.  The company covering my father's healthcare policy through his retirement package sent the notice they're terminating his policy last week. 
Effective January 1, they're sending him and my mother cash instead.

So, you admit Obama lied.

QuoteIf you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period.

:lol:

CountDeMoney

11Bravo's going off the rails today.   :lol:

Must still be pissy they moved Megyn Kelly off days, so he misses her when he's working.   :P

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on October 28, 2013, 12:41:22 PM
There was a 0% chance of a website of that scale, complexity, and load would roll out in the manner they designed without massive problems.

This should have been a graduated release, scaling up over time with a carefully managed release schedule driven by the technical requirements. Of course, that was politically impossible, so what we have is completely predictable and inevitable.
Seems like that could have been a good plan.

It often makes me wonder how these high paid government officials cant come up with a common sense plan like you just submitted.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on October 28, 2013, 12:48:54 PM
Your statement just reinforces the stigma of the "Fourty Seven Percenters".

Keep spouting the party line Sparky

Pretty funny coming from the very model of institutionalized welfare, a United States Government employee.  You're sucking it up from the deepest trough, piggie.

You should take your "small government" philosophy to heart, save the US taxpayer from that bloated deficit you hate so much, and resign.  :P

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2013, 12:53:53 PM
11Bravo's going off the rails today.   :lol:

Must still be pissy they moved Megyn Kelly off days, so he misses her when he's working.   :P

He's always had difficulty making logical connections.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017