News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obamacare and you

Started by Jacob, September 25, 2013, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the impact of Obamacare for you (and your family)? Assuming it doesn't get defunded or delayed, of course...

I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
9 (14.1%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
5 (7.8%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
6 (9.4%)
My state is embracing Obamacare, but I have no clue how it will impact me personally.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
0 (0%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
7 (10.9%)
My state is rejecting Obamacare and I have no idea how Obamacare is going to impact me.
1 (1.6%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me, but I'm watching how the whole thing plays out with interest.
20 (31.3%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me and frankly I don't care.
8 (12.5%)
Some other option because the previous 10 were not enough...
6 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 06, 2013, 09:50:35 PM
Quote from: merithyn on October 06, 2013, 09:45:08 PM
I'm pretty sure that your plan costs more than that. The difference is that your employer pays a portion, whereas, GF's plan is for personal.

Before doesn't have any chilluns I don't think.

An 8 y/o and me. $500.00 a year or $42 a month.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on October 06, 2013, 09:54:35 PM
I'm pretty sure that your plan costs more than that. The difference is that your employer pays a portion, whereas, GF's plan is for personal.

Meri's point still applies.

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on October 06, 2013, 10:10:11 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 06, 2013, 09:54:35 PM

Meri's point still applies.

So GF paying 640.00 a month or Seedy paying 300.00 (IIRC) out of his pocket for a Nobamacare plan, equates to me paying 42.00 a month outta mine.  Gottcha.

Is that the math liberals do?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Don't be a doofus Before.  Your insurance probably costs around that much, it's just you have an employer who's picking up the tab.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 06, 2013, 10:27:09 PM
Don't be a doofus Before.  Your insurance probably costs around that much, it's just you have an employer who's picking up the tab.

Exactly. But that's not the point. My plan does not cost me 650.00/mo out of my pocket now does it?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on October 06, 2013, 10:30:55 PM
Exactly. But that's not the point. My plan does not cost me 650.00/mo out of my pocket now does it?

What's the point.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 06, 2013, 10:32:00 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 06, 2013, 10:30:55 PM

What's the point.

It doesnt cost me 650.00/mo outta my pocket. If GF has an employer lets say, and doesnt cover him with healthcare, Nobamacare still costs him 650.00/mo outta pocket.

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on October 06, 2013, 10:33:53 PMIt doesnt cost me 650.00/mo outta my pocket. If GF has an employer lets say, and doesnt cover him with healthcare, Nobamacare still costs him 650.00/mo.

If you ignore the tax credits and subsidy he'll get, of course. I'm pretty sure he qualifies for a fair bit.

11B4V

Quote from: Jacob on October 06, 2013, 10:38:25 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 06, 2013, 10:33:53 PMIt doesnt cost me 650.00/mo outta my pocket. If GF has an employer lets say, and doesnt cover him with healthcare, Nobamacare still costs him 650.00/mo.

If you ignore the tax credits and subsidy he'll get, of course. I'm pretty sure he qualifies for a fair bit.

Then we need to know that number dont we. His final otta pocket.

Admiral Yi

I still don't see what the point is.  We already knew how much you paid out of pocket and we already knew how much Brown Wolf would have to pay in Vermont.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 06, 2013, 10:42:13 PM
I still don't see what the point is.  We already knew how much you paid out of pocket and we already knew how much Brown Wolf would have to pay in Vermont.

Apparently Meri doesnt.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

11B4V

MadBurgerMaker

I went to go see how much it would cost me if I suddenly wasn't covered by my employer anymore:

QuoteThe system is down at the moment.

:(

DGuller

Before, you're really tiresome.  You're other doing this trolling thing very wrong, or very right.