News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How many moving violations have you gotten?

Started by Razgovory, September 23, 2013, 09:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 23, 2013, 09:44:58 PM
SCLED just wouldn't sing.

Actually, thinking on it, you won't pull up moving violations on SLED anyway, except for the high proof kind.

The seriously answer to the question is "around eight," but only one in the past decade or so.  Couple of seatbelt violations too.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

In chronological order :

Ignoring a stop sign - 3 points
Speeding of 40 kmh over the limit - 6 points
and something I don't know how to say in english but is worth 9 points.
:bleeding:

There's no 12 point infractions so I think I've maxed this out.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

3 in my lifetime.  1 for speeding (50 in a 35 at 2 AM), 2 for "driving too closely" which is cop-talk for tapping someone on the bumper at a low speed.  Didn't do any damage, but they still love writing out more tickets.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on September 23, 2013, 09:57:51 PM
2 for "driving too closely" which is cop-talk for tapping someone on the bumper at a low speed.  Didn't do any damage, but they still love writing out more tickets.

:lol: Dude, you just can't do that.

Ideologue

Chick whose insurance generously decided to contribute to my Emergency Fund got a ticket for following too closely. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

None.
Pulled over once for doing 43 in 35, they had me do the whole sobriety test as it was 5am.
And pulled over for expired tags, but wasn't my car, I was just driving.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Just two.

One was a speeding (doing 90km in a 60)

One was for drinking but not being drunk enough to get charged, but we'll suspend your license for 12 hours.

The good that came out of that last one is that I never have a single drink if I know i"m gonna be driving.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 23, 2013, 09:47:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 23, 2013, 09:21:08 PM
2 speeding tickets in California. I think I once had a reckless driving ticket but it disappeared.

Don't know how long ago the reckless driving was, but you might want to follow up on it.  Those can get quasi-criminal in nature, even if states don't do a good job reporting them to each other.

It was a long time ago and they said they were dropping it...both of which are why the details are hazy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: katmai on September 23, 2013, 10:00:02 PM
None.
Pulled over once for doing 43 in 35, they had me do the whole sobriety test as it was 5am.

Don't do the FSTs!
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

katmai

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 23, 2013, 10:04:08 PM
Quote from: katmai on September 23, 2013, 10:00:02 PM
None.

Don't do the FSTs!

I was sober with nothing to hide you pill popping freak.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 23, 2013, 09:56:44 PM

Driving on a sidewalk full of pedestrians at high speed?

Eddie Teach

3 speeding tickets, once for blocking intersection, and once for reckless driving (got arrested that time). Is it any wonder I hate driving?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 23, 2013, 10:12:19 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 23, 2013, 09:56:44 PM

Driving on a sidewalk full of pedestrians at high speed?

Impregnating a woman while driving too fast for conditions.
Kinemalogue