And we're back!

Main Menu

The Habsburgs

Started by Queequeg, September 21, 2013, 12:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: The Brain on September 21, 2013, 02:21:36 AM
Let them eat lead.

Idea for movie: the French Revolution from the perspective of the royal family but the revolutionaries are zombies.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Drakken

Mostly luck, but also the fact that the medieval Habsburgs, until the Spanish-Austrian split, had an internal dynastic house rule that the domain be partitioned between heirs in a primus inter pares system which ensured that Habsburgs (with one notable parricidal exception) usually cooperated, rather than feuded.

In other words, Habsburg heirs didn't complain about Gavelkind succession.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on September 21, 2013, 04:46:32 AM
Quote from: The Brain on September 21, 2013, 02:21:36 AM
Let them eat lead.

Idea for movie: the French Revolution from the perspective of the royal family but the revolutionaries are zombies.

Kinda exists (though it's more about oppressed immigrants, but it's much the same).

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Drakken

Quote from: Ideologue on September 21, 2013, 12:34:09 AM
Louis XVI had to get his dick cut so he could fuck Marie Antoinette.  Before that, every time he was around her he got a painful boner, because she was hot like Kirsten Dunst, but his foreskin wouldn't retract.  Phimosis.  True story.

It didn't help that neither Louis XVI or Marie Antoinette were correctly instructed on how to have sex, they thought that only putting it, leaving it there for a while, and pulling it out saying good night would do the trick. It took a visit from her brother, the future Emperor Francis II; he personally gave them both a sex ed class to explain them how to fuck the right way.

Besides, it is now known that Louis XVI, personally, had aversion for sex. Both Louis XV's lecherous behavior and his very devout and morally rigorous parents marked him profoundly.

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 21, 2013, 02:03:49 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 21, 2013, 01:51:20 AM
What's with the tough guy routine Timmy?  You finally get laid?
:rolleyes:

And this isn't a tough guy routine?

That would seem to be a "no".

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on September 21, 2013, 06:00:04 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 21, 2013, 02:03:49 AM
:rolleyes:

And this isn't a tough guy routine?

That would seem to be a "no".
:D At least you were funny.

And though it's none of your business, the answer is yes, years ago.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on September 21, 2013, 02:17:47 AM
To be fair, you made yourself a target for bullying when you revealed you were gay.
:hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 21, 2013, 06:02:25 AM
pics?

Caliga

If she had really looked like Kirsten Dunst, I somehow don't think it would have taken so many years to consummate the marriage. :)

Savonarola

Quote from: Queequeg on September 21, 2013, 12:28:18 AM
I don't understand them. 

How did they survive and thrive for 500 years?

The Hohenzollerns held out for about five centuries and the Romanovs for three; do you think the Habsburgs were any more improbable than those?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ideologue

Whoa.  That's good.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on September 21, 2013, 09:38:54 PM

Whoa.  That's good.

It's a natural assumption, as Tim has never mentioned his marriage. :pope:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on September 21, 2013, 02:17:47 AM

To be fair, you made yourself a target for bullying when you revealed you were gay.

Lol wut?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 21, 2013, 09:42:20 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 21, 2013, 09:38:54 PM

Whoa.  That's good.

It's a natural assumption, as Tim has never mentioned his marriage. :pope:

The funny thing is, Tim is so quiet an unassuming here, but I bet he gets ass like mad in the RoK.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)