News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Habsburgs

Started by Queequeg, September 21, 2013, 12:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

I don't understand them. 

How did they survive and thrive for 500 years?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

Living in Seattle, listening to Gordon Lightfoot and drinking wine.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Queequeg on September 21, 2013, 12:28:18 AM
I don't understand them. 

Leave the waging of wars to others! But you, happy Austria, marry; for the realms which Mars awards to others, Venus transfers to you.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Louis XVI had to get his dick cut so he could fuck Marie Antoinette.  Before that, every time he was around her he got a painful boner, because she was hot like Kirsten Dunst, but his foreskin wouldn't retract.  Phimosis.  True story.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

I don't understand them. 

Sexual reproduction.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

What's with the tough guy routine Timmy?  You finally get laid?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 21, 2013, 01:51:20 AM
:rolleyes:

And this isn't a tough guy routine?

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

So much testosterone in this thread. Which is ironic.

Habbaku

I don't understand them. 

:huh:  You don't understand how an incredibly flexible and practical royal family survived that long?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 21, 2013, 01:51:20 AM

To be fair, you made yourself a target for bullying when you revealed you were gay.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Anyway, I still need to watch that movie sometime.  I'm put off by the fact that Lost in Translation was soooo boooring, although it is plausible that lots of cool sets and production design and the safe-for-everywhere imagery Tim linked to would redeem even a somewhat dull film.
Kinemalogue

The Brain

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on September 21, 2013, 02:17:47 AM
To be fair, you made yourself a target for bullying when you revealed you were gay.

That doesn't seem very fair.