The Government Shutdown Countdown Lowdown MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, September 17, 2013, 09:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on October 04, 2013, 11:54:05 AM
We need a thread dedicated just to stupid stuff politicians say.

It would be bigger than the OT forum combined.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on October 04, 2013, 11:56:57 AM
Quote from: merithyn on October 04, 2013, 11:54:05 AM
We need a thread dedicated just to stupid stuff politicians say.

It would be bigger than the OT forum combined.

And a better read. :P
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on October 04, 2013, 11:56:39 AM
Quote from: Tamas on October 04, 2013, 11:10:59 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 04, 2013, 10:43:11 AM
Tamas was a lot less uppity when he had the Romanian loon to tard out with.

One of these days I will copy the hardcore Democrat soldier stand of DGuller just so I can see you turn into a Tea Party fanatic just to be contrarian to me.

Ahole.
:rolleyes:

will need you to forward me the weekly memos or whatever else you are working according to.

:P

DGuller

Tamas

Admiral Yi

Senate blocked voting today on bills to fund parks, veterans, and NIH.

Tamas

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 04, 2013, 12:04:21 PM

This piecemeal crap isn't going to help the situation. They need to get their asses back to fixing the damn budget.

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on October 04, 2013, 12:07:37 PM

This piecemeal crap isn't going to help the situation. They need to get their asses back to fixing the damn budget.

:secret:  you're supposed to use the term "clean CR"
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 12:09:36 PM

:secret:  you're supposed to use the term "clean CR"

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. I'm guessing I should be okay with that.

Admiral Yi

As I mentioned earlier, I don't understand this logic.  If parks being closed is a bad thing, shouldn't opening them be a good thing?

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 04, 2013, 12:14:47 PM

As I mentioned earlier, I don't understand this logic.  If parks being closed is a bad thing, shouldn't opening them be a good thing?

Rosa or regular?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 04, 2013, 12:14:47 PM

So is the idea then that the Republican house shuts down the government by refusing to fund Obamacare, then they reasonably fix it by agreeing to piecemeal fund everything BUT Obamacare?

Isn't that just giving in to their demand that the Senate pass their budget bill that includes defunding Obamacare?

Can't you make that same argument about every single part of the budget not in dispute?

That leaves us with the de facto result that the people who DON'T want some particular item funded always win, as long as they have enough to put a stop to an inclusive budget.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned