The Government Shutdown Countdown Lowdown MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, September 17, 2013, 09:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2013, 10:54:21 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 04, 2013, 10:51:40 AM
2. those fuckers sitting at home are the ones who cut the paperwork that allows the workers to load and direct supply's.

LOL so what are they actually doing?

I'll give another,

Certification for this pay period happens today.  A knob payroll exec sent out an email on the 2nd stating do nothing with pay and certify nothing. On 3 October DFAS sent out an email stating to certify all pay in SLCADA as you normally would. Problem is the knob exec and the payroll people are sitting at home. They never inputted the new job order numbers to pay people for FY14 like they were suppose to prior to the fiscal year ending. Welcome to government service. This is your government people.

It's a comedy show. I'll post more as they come up.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

lustindarkness

Yeap. Interesting times we live in, interesting times.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Reid apologized this morning on the Senate floor for the nasty tone on the part of him and his colleagues :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 11:24:36 AM
Reid apologized this morning on the Senate floor for the nasty tone on the part of him and his colleagues :)

Good. I'm actually very happy to hear this.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on October 04, 2013, 11:29:23 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 11:24:36 AM

Good. I'm actually very happy to hear this.

Apparently Reid violated Senate rules by calling out Ted Cruz by name and by impugning his motives or conduct.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 11:34:04 AM
Apparently Reid violated Senate rules by calling out Ted Cruz by name and by impugning his motives or conduct.

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on October 04, 2013, 11:38:51 AM
Cruz is a piece of shit, so I'm ok with that. :)

Same here. I dont like Reid, but i like Cruz even less.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on October 04, 2013, 11:10:59 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 04, 2013, 10:43:11 AM
Tamas was a lot less uppity when he had the Romanian loon to tard out with.

One of these days I will copy the hardcore Democrat soldier stand of DGuller just so I can see you turn into a Tea Party fanatic just to be contrarian to me.

Ahole.

It's worth a try.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on October 04, 2013, 11:44:32 AM

One of these days I will copy the hardcore Democrat soldier stand of DGuller just so I can see you turn into a Tea Party fanatic just to be contrarian to me.

Ahole.

It's worth a try.

:D Who is the "Romanian Loon"?

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on October 04, 2013, 05:00:33 AM
Quote from: merithyn on October 03, 2013, 10:37:48 PM
The quote of the week:

Quote"We're not going to be disrespected," Rep. Marlin Stutzman (R-Ind.) told The Washington Examiner. "We have to get something out of this. And I don't know what that even is."

And this is why your notions of "voting for the person" are flawed.  The GOP is a monolithic block of wrongness and insanity.  Sure, some of them are more articulate than this one, but they operate in tandem, and for the past few years and for the immediate future the Stutzmans have been in charge.
Exactly.  Voting for the person only makes sense if the person acts like a person, and not as a pack member.

merithyn

We need a thread dedicated just to stupid stuff politicians say.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Tamas

Quote from: 11B4V on October 04, 2013, 11:46:40 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 04, 2013, 11:44:32 AM

Ahole.

It's worth a try.

:D Who is the "Romanian Loon"?

He must mean Alexandru H. and this is why his "funny" fails so much because I maybe had two or three discussions with the guy, and just one of those was actual east euro shit-flinging

DGuller

Ahole.
:rolleyes: