The Government Shutdown Countdown Lowdown MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, September 17, 2013, 09:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on October 03, 2013, 09:34:31 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 03, 2013, 07:38:12 PM
Quote from: Jacob on October 03, 2013, 06:26:47 PM
Seems like the Republicans have a plan for countering any potential backlash at the polls from the shutdown. Remove campaign contributions completely: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/03/mitch-mcconnell-supreme-court_n_4037577.html
Campaign contribution limits.
Heh. Yeah. That's a pretty crucial typo on my part  :blush:
I did have to look at the article.  I was thinking it didn't sound right, given that Mitch McConnell is probably the most corrupt Senator in recent history.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

merithyn

The quote of the week:

Quote"We're not going to be disrespected," Rep. Marlin Stutzman (R-Ind.) told The Washington Examiner. "We have to get something out of this. And I don't know what that even is."
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on October 03, 2013, 10:37:48 PM
The quote of the week:

Quote"We're not going to be disrespected," Rep. Marlin Stutzman (R-Ind.) told The Washington Examiner. "We have to get something out of this. And I don't know what that even is."

Liberal drivel.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

QuoteKKK Rally At Gettysburg Canceled Because Of Government Shutdown

:lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on October 03, 2013, 10:50:52 PM
The quote of the week:

Liberal drivel.

:unsure:

There's a video of this Republican saying this. Want I should link it?

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on October 03, 2013, 10:54:49 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 03, 2013, 10:50:52 PM
The quote of the week:

Liberal drivel.

:unsure:

There's a video of this Republican saying this. Want I should link it?

Feel free.

merithyn

11B4V

An attempt to deflect responsibility for the Obama/Reid government shutdown onto the GOP.

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on October 03, 2013, 10:59:54 PM
An attempt to deflect responsibility for the Obama/Reid government shutdown onto the GOP.

So, how much have you had to drink tonight? :)

Jacob

:lmfao:

You weren't kidding when you said you were never serious on languish.

sbr

Quote from: merithyn on October 03, 2013, 11:08:06 PM

So, how much have you had to drink tonight? :)

He's either chronically stupid or trollling, there is no cure for either.

Jacob

Quote from: sbr on October 03, 2013, 11:09:23 PMHe's either chronically stupid or trollling, there is no cure for either.

But he does illustrate a good point about GOP tactics - basically whenever they do anything shitty, they brazenly accuse others of doing to deflect any responsibility for their own actions.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

More liberal propaganda:

US Congressman (still getting paid) yells at Park Ranger (not getting paid), because the WWII memorial is shut down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-123whqIRjY

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on October 03, 2013, 09:09:58 PM
I am quite concerned over how foreigners view my country.

:lmfao:

Well you are.  But only when it's when they disprove of Obama.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017