The Government Shutdown Countdown Lowdown MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, September 17, 2013, 09:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on October 03, 2013, 07:35:20 PM
Anywho the running joke is we (exempted) would be paid, but they furloughed they pay people  :lol: . So, we end up getting the short end of the stick.

:D

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Viking on October 03, 2013, 07:40:35 PM
Seriously, shouldn't those security personnel have been sent home due to the shut down?

Of course not.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on October 03, 2013, 07:38:12 PM
Quote from: Jacob on October 03, 2013, 06:26:47 PM
Seems like the Republicans have a plan for countering any potential backlash at the polls from the shutdown. Remove campaign contributions completely: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/03/mitch-mcconnell-supreme-court_n_4037577.html
Campaign contribution limits.

Big difference that. But, you, 'murricans. If you want more sensible politics, only permit donations to the political parties themselves.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

And, seriously, you people should be embarrassed. You fuckin' call yourselves a first world nation? Even Taiwan can pass a budget between fist fights in that parliament. You can't blame this all on the teabaggers, they aren't the majority, they aren't even the majority of the majority. You have elected pathetic spineless losers to congress. You did this. You seriously need to apologize to the rest of the human race for making us look bad. This is the second time this has happened. FFS did you nitwits learn nothing from the last time? The only other western country to fuck it up this bad was Belgium when they managed to go for two years without a government, but they managed to pass budgets in that time.

Ideologue

Quote from: Viking on October 03, 2013, 07:52:22 PM
And, seriously, you people should be embarrassed. You fuckin' call yourselves a first world nation?

I dare you to find where I've said that since 2008.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

You can't blame this all on the teabaggers, they aren't the majority, they aren't even the majority of the majority.

Their fellow travelers make for a majority.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

And, seriously, you people should be embarrassed. You fuckin' call yourselves a first world nation? Even Taiwan can pass a budget between fist fights in that parliament. You can't blame this all on the teabaggers, they aren't the majority, they aren't even the majority of the majority. You have elected pathetic spineless losers to congress. You did this. You seriously need to apologize to the rest of the human race for making us look bad. This is the second time this has happened. FFS did you nitwits learn nothing from the last time? The only other western country to fuck it up this bad was Belgium when they managed to go for two years without a government, but they managed to pass budgets in that time.

We are not first world, we are the world, you insolent snob.

oh, and FUCK YOU

USA USA USA USA USA  :blurgh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

This is the second time this has happened.

Actually it's the 17th time this has happened.

Grallon

They will crumble under the weight of their own contradictions...

A pity, since America is needed!

If I was Obama I'd round up that unruly Congress and force them - at gun point - to vote a budget *with* tax raises.  Is he not the first magistrate of the Republic?  Is he not Commander in Chief?  Is it not his mandate to protect and safeguard the Republic against all threats?  Including those from within?  And I will be damned if those Tea Party fanatics aren't a threat to America.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

derspiess

I am quite concerned over how foreigners view my country.

:lmfao:

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on October 03, 2013, 09:09:58 PM
I am quite concerned over how foreigners view my country.

:lmfao:
They're third world and cant understand the problems.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grallon

Quote from: 11B4V on October 03, 2013, 09:21:12 PM

It seems the state of denial is even more profound than usual.  *shakes head*

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

11B4V

Quote from: Grallon on October 03, 2013, 09:29:26 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 03, 2013, 09:21:12 PM

It seems the state of denial is even more profound than usual.  *shakes head*

G.

USA

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on October 03, 2013, 07:38:12 PM
Quote from: Jacob on October 03, 2013, 06:26:47 PM
Seems like the Republicans have a plan for countering any potential backlash at the polls from the shutdown. Remove campaign contributions completely: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/03/mitch-mcconnell-supreme-court_n_4037577.html
Campaign contribution limits.

Heh. Yeah. That's a pretty crucial typo on my part  :blush: