19-year-old Dutch kid ready to clean up the ocean

Started by merithyn, September 16, 2013, 09:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on September 16, 2013, 03:08:03 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2013, 01:28:18 PMWith regards to work/ambitions. I don't know that it'd be fair to generalize that to all aspects of his life.

Is it fair to generalize the inverse?

Yes. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2013, 11:53:15 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2013, 11:51:34 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2013, 11:41:11 AM
So you admit you are holding an insincere stance?

No, I am holding an obnoxious stance.

If you are willing to relax the pose once a positive change occurs for your own person, doesn't seem sincerely held.

I stridently disagree.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

The Larch

Quote from: Caliga on September 16, 2013, 11:48:00 AM
Serious question: is there really that much trash in the ocean?  I know there's that Pacific Garbage Patch thing, but isn't that in the part of the ocean that's basically a 'desert' and doesn't have much surface life? :hmm:

It's extremely difficult to put a precise number to the amount of litter in the oceans. Estimates are in the billions of tons range. I'll try to look for some data tomorrow.

Re: the North Pacific Gyre, it is indeed a low nutrient part of the sea, but that does not mean that it's a desert nor that it is ok for so much trash to be on it.

CountDeMoney

Caliga

Quote from: The Larch on September 16, 2013, 07:11:25 PM
Re: the North Pacific Gyre, it is indeed a low nutrient part of the sea, but that does not mean that it's a desert nor that it is ok for so much trash to be on it.
If it can't go there, where else do you want us to dump it?  All over Spain? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Larch

Quote from: Caliga on September 16, 2013, 07:27:55 PM
Quote from: The Larch on September 16, 2013, 07:11:25 PM
If it can't go there, where else do you want us to dump it?  All over Spain? :)

How about not dumping it in the first place?  :P

Caliga

What else do you do with trash?  Burn it?  The hippies will bitch about that also. :rolleyes:

The Larch

Quote from: Caliga on September 16, 2013, 07:29:57 PM
What else do you do with trash?  Burn it?  The hippies will bitch about that also. :rolleyes:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Yeah, Larch, come on dude.  We're Americans.  We can't learn to do stuff like that.  You're just going to have to kill us all. :(

The Larch

Quote from: Caliga on September 16, 2013, 07:35:25 PM
Yeah, Larch, come on dude.  We're Americans.  We can't learn to do stuff like that.  You're just going to have to kill us all. :(

I can go there and teach you.  :) For a reasonable fee.

garbon