19-year-old Dutch kid ready to clean up the ocean

Started by merithyn, September 16, 2013, 09:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on September 16, 2013, 01:13:50 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2013, 12:40:22 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 16, 2013, 12:13:23 PM

Heh. Having seen a pic of the kid, I'm going to disagree with this assumption.

Is that a mop on his head?

It's hair. I'm not sure if men in your preferred age group still have it, so I can see where the confusion would come from. ;)

I think the affliction of not recognizing that one needs to cut it, is an affliction that affects many teens.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Great idea.

Not sure why Meri insists on calling him a "kid".  Here a 19 year old is an adult.  I realize we are trending toward 30 being the new 20 but it still seems a bit wierd to be calling an adult a kid.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 16, 2013, 01:24:41 PM
Great idea.

Not sure why Meri insists on calling him a "kid".  Here a 19 year old is an adult.  I realize we are trending toward 30 being the new 20 but it still seems a bit wierd to be calling an adult a kid.

That's nice. 19 year olds still act like children.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2013, 01:25:43 PM
Great idea.

Not this one.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 16, 2013, 01:27:19 PM
Great idea.

Not this one.

With regards to work/ambitions. I don't know that it'd be fair to generalize that to all aspects of his life.

merithyn

Great idea.

Because I have two 19-year-old boys who are, for all intents and purposes, kids, as are all of their friends. It may be an affectation, but to me, pretty much anyone under the age of 25 is still a kid to me. *shrugs*
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2013, 01:15:23 PM

I think the affliction of not recognizing that one needs to cut it, is an affliction that affects many teens.

Agreed. :D

That being said, I do like longer hair on guys.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Eddie Teach

You say that like it's a bad thing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2013, 12:20:34 PM
I really don't give a rat fuck if you think it's sincerely held or not.

Are there posters besides Grab On who's opinion of your sincerity you do give a rat fuck about?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 16, 2013, 01:39:25 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Given that my interaction with them is limited, I don't have a strong opinion either way.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2013, 12:34:18 PM
Well then why didn't you say that initially? :huh:

Gimme a fucking job.  I have people skills.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2013, 01:28:18 PMWith regards to work/ambitions. I don't know that it'd be fair to generalize that to all aspects of his life.

Is it fair to generalize the inverse?

The Brain

19? He can do my pool when he's done with the ocean.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 16, 2013, 01:40:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2013, 12:20:34 PM
I really don't give a rat fuck if you think it's sincerely held or not.

Are there posters besides Grab On who's opinion of your sincerity you do give a rat fuck about?

Not since Hansy last updated his blog.