Pastor has sex with teens to cure them of homosexuality

Started by merithyn, September 12, 2013, 12:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 16, 2013, 04:01:46 PM
Oops, sorry, dude.

I was quoting Mihali's post out of yours, but also referring to your stance here:

Quote from: garbonNone of which is new or likely to change substantially if NC changed its laws on sentencing.

Yes on sentencing for stat rape.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2013, 04:00:57 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 16, 2013, 03:43:14 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2013, 11:45:36 AM
Meh, enjoy funding the prison-industrial complex, what with our highest rate of incarceration in the world.  :)  We even beat Russia and PRChina!

That's the part that makes me really sick.  Russia, sure, they're almost not even a big country anymore.  But the PRC?  That's awful.

I'm also unsure as to why garbon thinks that reducing sentences wouldn't reduce "demand" for prisons.  It's possible that by reducing sentences across the board, fewer people will get suspended sentences, plea deals, etc. (which is in part a reaction to overcrowding), and the existing capacity will continue to be filled.  But I don't feel that that's unavoidable.

Now I'm getting quoted for things that I didn't say and then summarized in positions I didn't take?

Next you are going to tell us that you are not anti French and that you did not purchase a 2000 dollar stroller. :rolleyes:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 16, 2013, 03:19:33 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2013, 03:18:45 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 16, 2013, 03:16:55 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 16, 2013, 11:45:36 AM
None of which is new or likely to change substantially if NC changed its laws on sentencing.

So?

Then I don't see why that is relevant.

So why's the law good?

Because at 20, you've no business with a 14 year old? Now sure it may be overly draconian but if you are wanting to sleep with a 14 year old then - are you going to stop later?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon