And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 2: Torn Labrum Edition!

Started by CountDeMoney, September 12, 2013, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

I'll deal with it tonight, once the spreads have settled down.

Neil

It seems that the NFL has now banned the use of alternate uniforms that require a different helmet colour, for health and safety reasons.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on September 18, 2013, 07:37:52 AM
It seems that the NFL has now banned the use of alternate uniforms that require a different helmet colour, for health and safety reasons.
:huh: What's their reasoning?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 18, 2013, 07:39:39 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 18, 2013, 07:37:52 AM
:huh: What's their reasoning?
They want players wearing the same helmet all year.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Hmm, I see equipment guys adjusting helmets all game.  Not sure this will make much of a difference.  Maybe the NFL just wants to show that it's "doing something" to prevent concussions.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Has anyone watched a Dolphins game this year?

I'm a bit worried that they will provide real competition this year for the division. Am I right to be worried, or are they the same old Dolphins?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 18, 2013, 08:49:57 AM
Has anyone watched a Dolphins game this year?

I'm a bit worried that they will provide real competition this year for the division. Am I right to be worried, or are they the same old Dolphins?

I've watched them a little, and I'm not quite ready to buy into their hype just yet.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

No comments on Browns trading away Richardson to Colts?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on September 18, 2013, 07:10:45 PM

They're just positioning themselves to draft a new quarterback next year.  Apparently Willis MaGahee is in town for a physical tomorrow.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 18, 2013, 07:15:09 PM
Quote from: katmai on September 18, 2013, 07:10:45 PM

They're just positioning themselves to draft a new quarterback next year.  Apparently Willis MaGahee is in town for a physical tomorrow.

Yeah read the same, why he's still on my FF roster :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

I'm not especially surprised to see the allegedly improved Browns tanking their season after two losses.  There's a reason that they've been irrelevant since they came back.

CountDeMoney

Poor Brandon Weeden.  You can tell he was a pitcher;  doesn't throw the football as much as he winds up and pitches it.  An incredibly slow delivery.  Worse than Josh Heupel's.

Sophie Scholl

:bleeding: :lmfao: :frusty:  That about sums it up.  Maybe now the city will finally get behind the goddamn Tribe.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on September 18, 2013, 08:22:04 PM
There's a reason that they've been irrelevant since they came back.

7 head coaches in 14 years.  Ownership is the problem.