Main Menu

NFL Week 2: Torn Labrum Edition!

Started by CountDeMoney, September 12, 2013, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 17, 2013, 08:38:58 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2013, 08:35:07 AM
It's disgusting.

It's really good, once you make your peace with the fact that Cincinnati chili and Texas chili are two entirely different things.  Now go drink your Ensure.

I've made peace, except that cinnamon doesn't belong in chili.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on September 17, 2013, 08:38:47 AM
I think i threw up a little in my mouth. Damn dirty Ohioans. Times like these I'm sure Ed is happy to be from Kentucky!

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Cincinnati becomes insufferable this time of the year.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2013, 08:54:46 AM

You had better hope I don't drunk-post Friday night from Oktoberfest.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Anyway, the only thing the sportswriters seem to have found interesting from last night is Giovanni Bernard.  The kid is damned good, and exactly what the Bengals need.  They hadn't had a back that was a receiving threat since James Brooks.

And as far as I know, he's still driving his girlfriend's mom's minivan :D

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 17, 2013, 09:10:02 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2013, 08:54:46 AM

You had better hope I don't drunk-post Friday night from Oktoberfest.

You had better hope I've passed out from an Ensure binge.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 17, 2013, 09:55:56 AM
Is it a steamed bun or grilled?

Last time I was there, neither.

But you couldn't pay me to go into Gold Star (or Skyline) again.

Grey Fox

derspiess

derspiess

NFL halftimes are the shortest 12 minutes ever.  We have just enough time to run from the field into the tunnel, and sneak into the field media room to make our own coneys (they have spaghetti there, but who has time for a 3-way??), scarf a couple down while standing in the hallway, then run back to the sideline.  Second half is indigestion time.

Grey Fox

You would think with all the ads they shoved between plays, the networks could get the NFL extend the halftime to 18-19mins.

derspiess

I could have gotten closer yesterday, but I didn't want to be that guy.  The ESPN makeup girl is cute.  Well, cuter than Suzy Kolber, anyway.  Also saw Boomer (Esiason), Tirico, Jon Gruden, Merril Hoge and Hoge's HOTT girlfriend on the sideline before the game.  Forgot how short Gruden was compared to his brother.

sbr

Quote from: derspiessWell, cuter than Suzy Kolber, anyway. 

:mad:

derspiess