News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 2: Torn Labrum Edition!

Started by CountDeMoney, September 12, 2013, 09:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

NFL Point Spreads For Week 2 - Week Two NFL Football Point Spread - NFL Spreads 9/12 - 9/16, 2013

Date & Time    Favorite    Spread    Underdog
9/12 8:25 ET    At New England    -11    NY Jets
9/15 1:00 ET    At Philadelphia    -7.5    San Diego
9/15 1:00 ET    At Baltimore    -6.5    Cleveland
9/15 1:00 ET    At Houston    -9    Tennessee
9/15 1:00 ET    At Indianapolis    -3    Miami
9/15 1:00 ET    Carolina    -3    At Buffalo
9/15 1:00 ET    At Atlanta    -6.5    St. Louis
9/15 1:00 ET    At Green Bay    -7.5    Washington
9/15 1:00 ET    At Kansas City    -3    Dallas
9/15 1:00 ET    At Chicago    -6    Minnesota
9/15 4:05 ET    New Orleans    -3.5    At Tampa Bay
9/15 4:05 ET    Detroit    -1.5    At Arizona
9/15 4:25 ET    At Oakland    -5.5    Jacksonville
9/15 4:25 ET    Denver    -4.5    At NY Giants
9/15 8:30 ET    At Seattle    -3    San Francisco

Monday Night Football Point Spread

9/16 8:40 ET    At Cincinnati    -7    Pittsburgh

jimmy olsen

I watched 5 games from last week. I can't believe how much I missed it.  :cool:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

I can't believe  Baltimore is only giving Cleveland 6 1/2 at home.  That's a two touchdown game.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 09:49:39 PM
I can't believe  Baltimore is only giving Cleveland 6 1/2 at home.  That's a two touchdown game.

They're shrinking it because it's a divisional game, but the performance against Denver didn't help, and Cleveland's D kept their opponent to something like 35 yards rushing last week.
I definitely think it's a bait spread at 6.5.

Neil

See, this is what's super annoying about the Patriots.  We all know they're no fucking good.  But they've got a division that makes the NFC East look legitimate by comparison, so they're going to cruise to ten or more wins and another division championship.  Boo.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Sloppy, ugly, badly played game.

But some nice shots of the rain-drenched cheerleaders. :thumbsup:

jimmy olsen

Ugh...just watched the 1st half. Brady is slinging lasers and the rookies are dropping them all over the field. :bleeding:

2nd half was worse.  :yuk:

Good thing the Defense showed up and the Jets were the Jets or we would have lost bad.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 13, 2013, 12:50:48 AM
Ugh...just watched the 1st half. Brady is slinging lasers and the rookies are dropping them all over the field. :bleeding:

2nd half was worse.  :yuk:

Good thing the Defense showed up and the Jets were the Jets or we would have lost bad.
Yep, sloppy, ugly game by both sides. But the Patriots especially on offense have all the tools but can't get things going. This will be a long season if the offense can't get its act together. They have some good receivers but so far they and Brady are playing two different games.

Last year in comparison they averaged about 35 pts per game, the highest or about the highest in the league. They won't reach that this year, but offense will need to do a lot better if they're going to get far, as long as the defense is also reasonably sound.

Admiral Yi

Disagree.  Pats have a couple C+ running backs, a bunch of Girl Scouts playing wideout, and no tight ends.  Edelman was the only guy Brady looked like he trusted to catch the ball.

Grey Fox

It's not even about catching the ball, it was about being able to run the right route.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

ulmont

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 13, 2013, 11:25:40 AM
It's not even about catching the ball, it was about being able to run the right route.

It was both.

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 13, 2013, 11:22:00 AM
Disagree.  Pats have a couple C+ running backs, a bunch of Girl Scouts playing wideout, and no tight ends.  Edelman was the only guy Brady looked like he trusted to catch the ball.

Yep.  When Gronkowski comes back it will help for a game or two, until he gets hurt again.  But the Pats skill players are really young and medicore this year.  They will win the division, because Brady and any one coudl win that division.

jimmy olsen

Pats were 7th in the rush last year and the same crew is back

1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 13, 2013, 07:41:55 PM
Pats were 7th in the rush last year and the same crew is back

Their leading rusher from last year broke his wrist and is out until week 11 at least, and their top 5 receivers from last year are gone which means teams don't have to respect the pass much, at least until Gronkowski comes back.

Also last year doesn't mean shit.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.