News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Willow Long killed by uncle

Started by merithyn, September 11, 2013, 04:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Here's an article with more information, including the comment that she had defensive wounds on her hands.

QuoteA 22-year-old man on Wednesday was officially charged with killing his 7-year-old niece as more details got released on what happened in the moments leading up to and after her death.

Justin DeRyke was charged at the Effingham County Courthouse with three counts of first-degree murder in the death of Willow Long. His bond was set at $5 million.

According to court documents, DeRyke told officers he was home alone watching Long and other children when the alleged incident occurred. Police said Long's mother was at a local bar and her grandparents were working as truck drivers at the time.

DeRyke told police he spend most of the evening in his room playing video games. When he left the room to go to the bathroom, he said Long tugged on his arm and asked him to watch a movie with her. During the exchange, DeRyke said the girl accidentally scratched his arm, causing it to bleed.

He reportedly got upset and yelled at Long, which caused her to run into the front yard. According to his statement DeRyke said she then fell on a brush pile, causing a stick to impale her in the neck.
The 22-year-old said he wanted to end her suffering.

Prosecutors said DeRyke then slit her throat before stabbing her in the heart and throat. Police said DeRyke put the girl's body in a plastic bag, duct taped it and dumped it in the Little Wabash River. That's where her body was found by four volunteers around 7:30 p.m. Monday. DeRyke was arrested about 6 a.m. Tuesday.

According to police, an autopsy concluded Long's throat had been slashed, and she had stab wounds on her collarbone and neck, as well as defensive wounds on her hands.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

How are there three murder charges with one body? :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 11, 2013, 10:48:00 PM

I think it's because there are three wounds that could cause the murder, but I'm not sure.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 11, 2013, 10:48:00 PM

That's a really good question.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2013, 09:48:37 PM
Don't let these Assburgers and lawyers get to you, Meri.  Thread title is fine.

Sorry to pile on while you're feeling so brittle Meri, but you did bury the leed.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on September 11, 2013, 10:25:55 PM
To be honest, these stories always depress me.  We had one in the area last month.  Guy kidnapped a girl, and the Amber Alert went out immediately.  They caught the guy an hour and a half after she was kidnapped.  Still wasn't fast enough.  He didn't even have the decency of telling them where the body was, so it took several days to find her.

There was a case years ago in dayton where a girl interrupted her mom boning. So she hit her. With her hand that was in a cast. Then her and white trash piece of shit boyfriend told the cops that she was missing. She wasn't. They dumped her body in one of the old industrial sites.

Fucking white trash. They should have stung those two up right then and there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on September 11, 2013, 10:18:55 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 11, 2013, 09:46:51 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 11, 2013, 06:34:16 PM
Hey, what kind of commentary do you want regarding the murder?  It's bad.  That's all I've got.

Murder is bad. Yes, that's true.

Murder of a 7-year-old child by her uncle using the argument, "She fell on a stick, and I put her out of her misery"? That's .... insanity. I thought that would garner some reaction other than "Haha! Dum thred titel!!" I was mistaken.
It's sad when children die, but threads have to have proper titles.

Indeed.

We cannot control the horror and tragedy of random uncles killing children, but we can control our own civic duty, even responsibility, to create meaningful, appropriate, and useful thread titles.

While I find the uncles defense somewhat surprising and less then compelling, I have to say it is better than Meri's defense of her thread title.

Discuss.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned