Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 11, 2013, 06:43:01 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 11, 2013, 06:41:24 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 11, 2013, 06:40:04 PM
I liked the movie Willow. Eat it.
I liked the part with the midgets.

Ahem. "Little people"

Except there guys who were even littler.  They sounded French, but looked like Yahoo Serious.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Ideologue on September 11, 2013, 06:34:16 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 11, 2013, 06:30:03 PM
You guys really are ridiculous on what you latch onto on threads. Not the fact that a seven-year-old child was killed by her uncle in a horrible way, that his defense is insane (thought not one of insanity), or that it was only a short distance from where I live.

No. You bitch because you don't like the thread title.  :rolleyes:

Hey, what kind of commentary do you want regarding the murder?  It's bad.  That's all I've got.

Yeah, it's not like anyone here was going to enthusiastically cheer for her death.  Well, maybe Viking if he figures that she believed in God.

Phillip V

The whole extended family should be put in prison.

Yet another reminder: the person most likely to rape and/or kill your child is your relative or partner.

Maximus

We should put all relatives and partners in prison to be safe.

Razgovory

Quote from: Maximus on September 11, 2013, 07:21:19 PM
We should put all relatives and partners in prison to be safe.

You know Meri can read that right?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

garbon

Quote from: dps on September 11, 2013, 07:09:48 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 11, 2013, 06:30:03 PM
You guys really are ridiculous on what you latch onto on threads. Not the fact that a seven-year-old child was killed by her uncle in a horrible way, that his defense is insane (thought not one of insanity), or that it was only a short distance from where I live.

No. You bitch because you don't like the thread title.  :rolleyes:

Hey, what kind of commentary do you want regarding the murder?  It's bad.  That's all I've got.

Yeah, it's not like anyone here was going to enthusiastically cheer for her death.  Well, maybe Viking if he figures that she believed in God.

Yeah sorry, mer, but that's really all we have to latch on to here.

That said, dps, you left out Neil, if she was a lesbian; Malthus, if she was in favor of Quebec separatism; Seeds, if she was black and because she was female; Ide & Jos, if she had a job; Grallon, if she was a Muslim.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on September 11, 2013, 04:54:55 PM
Other reports claim that after she tripped and fell, he saw her twitch, so he went inside, got a knife, and came out to "put her out of her misery". The stabbings are believed to be what killed her, not the stick.

Certainly inventive, in a way.

merithyn

Murder is bad. Yes, that's true.

Murder of a 7-year-old child by her uncle using the argument, "She fell on a stick, and I put her out of her misery"? That's .... insanity. I thought that would garner some reaction other than "Haha! Dum thred titel!!" I was mistaken.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Don't let these Assburgers and lawyers get to you, Meri.  Thread title is fine. 

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on September 11, 2013, 09:46:51 PM

Murder of a 7-year-old child by her uncle using the argument, "She fell on a stick, and I put her out of her misery"? That's .... insanity. I thought that would garner some reaction other than "Haha! Dum thred titel!!" I was mistaken.

Criminals are stupid so no...didn't strike me as particularly insane. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Yeah, I agree with garbon.  That's just stupid.

DGuller

Quote from: merithyn on September 11, 2013, 09:46:51 PM

It's sad when children die, but threads have to have proper titles.

Razgovory

To be honest, these stories always depress me.  We had one in the area last month.  Guy kidnapped a girl, and the Amber Alert went out immediately.  They caught the guy an hour and a half after she was kidnapped.  Still wasn't fast enough.  He didn't even have the decency of telling them where the body was, so it took several days to find her.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2013, 09:48:37 PM
Thread title is fine.

It meets Siege's standards of specificity, at least.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?