NFL Week 1: The Official 1st Thread of NFL Week MegaThreads

Started by CountDeMoney, September 05, 2013, 05:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

He invented it so you could go to church on Sundays but enjoy your perverted life style, sinner.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2013, 10:57:17 AM
They chose a beer from my neighborhood brewery to represent the Bengals :)

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20130904/SPORTS/130904046/What-beer-represents-your-NFL-team-

:lol:

QuoteSEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TAP WATER

So while it would be easy for me to load up Seattle Magazine, search some beer lists, and decree that Haystack Hefeweizen by Snoqualmie Falls Brewing is the quintessential Seahawks bar, the very act of selecting that beer will make it uncool and, by extension, un-Seattle. Seattle Magazine? Sheesh, why doesn't grandpa just look in the Saturday Evening Post? The current Seahawks are so cutting edge that they transcend the notion of cutting edge, so the only way to stay ahead of their curve is to drink water, which is just beer with unfulfilled potential. Plus, you want to stay sober when watching the Seahawks, because you never know what they will do next.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Ryan Seacrest and Europe's The Final Countdown:bleeding:

Jesus H Unitas, what's next?  Clips from Rent?

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2013, 07:36:28 PM

Continuing the trend of pussifying the NFL.  I did like hearing Seacrest get booed, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

:D

QuoteWith the predictable image that American football is a guy obsession, come these unpredictable stats: 40% of the National Football League's (NFL) fan base is women, making it one of the largest and fastest growing female fan bases in all of sports in the US. Each weekend 45 million women watch NFL games and 375,000 attend games in person. They also spend more than $150 million on fan apparel including handbags and interior wear. For an illuminating story by a die-hard female fan on what is it about the NFL that attracts women, see Queens of Sunday in American Way magazine.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2013, 07:42:48 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2013, 07:36:28 PM

Continuing the trend of pussifying the NFL.  I did like hearing Seacrest get booed, though.

They're having a big concert down at the Inner Harbor for the Ravens even though they're not in town.  Keith Urban.  Hurl.

Ed Anger

Quote from: merithyn on September 05, 2013, 07:45:23 PM
:D

QuoteWith the predictable image that American football is a guy obsession, come these unpredictable stats: 40% of the National Football League's (NFL) fan base is women, making it one of the largest and fastest growing female fan bases in all of sports in the US. Each weekend 45 million women watch NFL games and 375,000 attend games in person. They also spend more than $150 million on fan apparel including handbags and interior wear. For an illuminating story by a die-hard female fan on what is it about the NFL that attracts women, see Queens of Sunday in American Way magazine.

My wife is Peyton Manning fan. Got his (Colts) jersey and everything. I think he makes her panties wet.

She hasn't made that connection to Andrew Luck. Mainly because Luck talks like a retard mush mouth.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

My sister is completely obsessed with the New England Patriots.  It is all she can talk about all season.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

I'll spare you all my full rant about wimmenz at Bengals games, but it's so bad that they're having to run PSA-type messages explaining to the crowd when it's appropriate to make noise and when they should shut the hell up.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 05, 2013, 08:00:57 PM
My sister is completely obsessed with the New England Patriots.  It is all she can talk about all season.

:mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Baltimore suburban soccer moms like their Ravens polite and non-threatening, which is why they all wear Ray Rice jerseys and Haloti Ngata is just so huggable!

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2013, 08:02:02 PM
I'll spare you all my full rant about wimmenz.

Well that's a nice change of pace! :hug:

For what it's worth, I've known plenty of men who were no better.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

My wife likes her Giants ripping opposing players heads off, especially when the Cowboys or Eagles are involved.

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on September 05, 2013, 08:06:48 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2013, 08:02:02 PM
I'll spare you all my full rant about wimmenz.

Well that's a nice change of pace! :hug:

For what it's worth, I've known plenty of men who were no better.

Same here.  But trust me when I tell you these 28 year old female fans (cute as they are), know very little about football.  If they're in their seats at all and not gossiping in the concourse area, they're making noise at the wrong times.

Having said that, I would hope that if the Bengals continue to show some consistency and draw the same season ticketholders each year, things will get better and we can actually have something of a home field advantage.

derspiess

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 05, 2013, 08:09:31 PM
My wife likes her Giants ripping opposing players heads off, especially when the Cowboys or Eagles are involved.

My wife takes magazines if she gets dragged out to a game.