Started by jimmy olsen, September 10, 2013, 12:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on September 10, 2013, 11:07:12 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 10, 2013, 10:53:10 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 10, 2013, 10:47:55 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 10, 2013, 10:40:57 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 10, 2013, 10:35:51 PM
There is no way to get any raw data out of it?

:secret: That's what none means. :secret:
Well, you were talking about "software being uploaded into Excel workbook", which means nothing other than that the person saying it is not a data flow expert, so I wanted to clarify and confirm.

:mellow:

Fuck off, dick.
What an eloquent, yet biting put-down.

An appropriate one.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Not really, although I can see what you would not see that.  For someone who complains about being dogpiled, Meri sure has a way to take a completely innocuous discussion and put some utterly unprovoked snark in it.  Then she's all shocked that the target of unprovoked snark is a little put off by it.

jimmy olsen

Not one CdM joke with a title like this?

We've all failed Languish.  :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on September 10, 2013, 11:16:53 PM
Not really, although I can see what you would not see that.  For someone who complains about being dogpiled, Meri sure has a way to take a completely innocuous discussion and put some utterly unprovoked snark in it.  Then she's all shocked that the target of unprovoked snark is a little put off by it.

Yeah but you always are just waiting to be a jerk on any topic so...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 10, 2013, 11:18:13 PM
Not one CdM joke with a title like this?

We've all failed Languish.  :(

I can't recall any fat jokes about Seedy ever. Probably because he's not Mexican.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

But he is a former cop who complains about his health, and fat cop jokes are a dime a dozen.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 11, 2013, 12:38:56 AM
But he is a former cop who complains about his health, and fat cop jokes are a dime a dozen.

That's probably it, we prefer our jokes to be worth at least a nickel.

dps

Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2013, 11:22:24 PM

Yeah but you always are just waiting to be a jerk on any topic so...

I don't think it's fair to say that he just waits to be a jerk.

He's more proactive than that.

Eddie Teach

Guller's an alright dude and his exchanges with Meri are rarely one-sided.

merithyn

Mmm, not sure that I've ever "complained about being dogpiled". Someone else said something about it - and others agreed - in the Back Room (oops!), but I didn't. I have, however, complained repeatedly about your condescending tone, which is where the response last night came from.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Timmy, I have a Cannon MP11DX Calculator at my desk. I call it an adding machine because it has a tape... and I'm old.

None of which is the point. :P

You need to be able to do the job you're paid to do. If you can't, that's not the right career for you to be in.

DGuller

Quote from: merithyn on September 11, 2013, 07:28:47 AM

Mmm, not sure that I've ever "complained about being dogpiled". Someone else said something about it - and others agreed - in the Back Room (oops!), but I didn't. I have, however, complained repeatedly about your condescending tone, which is where the response last night came from.
Statutory rape threads is the most recent example.  Maybe not in those words, but with that meaning.  And before you accuse me of being condescending, look in the immediately preceding reply, and re-examine whether it was an appropriate and justified level of passive aggression to a follow-up question.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on September 10, 2013, 11:07:12 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 10, 2013, 10:53:10 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 10, 2013, 10:47:55 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 10, 2013, 10:40:57 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 10, 2013, 10:35:51 PM
There is no way to get any raw data out of it?

:secret: That's what none means. :secret:
Well, you were talking about "software being uploaded into Excel workbook", which means nothing other than that the person saying it is not a data flow expert, so I wanted to clarify and confirm.

:mellow:

Fuck off, dick.
What an eloquent, yet biting put-down.

I would have told you to drink a tall cup of diarrhea. Then eat a bag of dicks.

Followup would include insulting your choice of track suits and wondering how many beets you can jam up your ass.

Your welcome.

And I like you. If you was that retard working in an Asian country,I would have been meaner.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 11, 2013, 08:55:00 AM

I would have told you to drink a tall cup of diarrhea. Then eat a bag of dicks.

Followup would include insulting your choice of track suits and wondering how many beets you can jam up your ass.

Your welcome.

And I like you. If you was that retard working in an Asian country,I would have been meaner.

Yes, that's definitely more eloquent. You win. :hug:

11B4V

QuoteFor example, women found it difficult to drag a weighted dummy in a challenge intended to simulate moving a dead body.

Well yea.

Women also fared worse than overweight men in a challenge that involved weaving through gates.

Their passage was hindered by their curves, Professor Jackson said, whereas men tended to carry extra pounds on their bellies rather than their hips.

:lol: Oh for Christ's sake. What BS
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".