Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on September 04, 2013, 02:38:32 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2013, 02:36:46 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 04, 2013, 02:35:23 PM
Generation Z?  Where do we go from here?  :(

We can follow the layout in Excel. :)
Generation AA?

I think my brother should join generation AA.  He badly needs to get in touch with Bill W.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Agelastus

Quote from: Neil on September 04, 2013, 02:48:10 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 04, 2013, 11:56:17 AM
Quote from: grumbler on September 04, 2013, 10:11:27 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2013, 07:40:31 AM
g also has a tendency to naysay anything that tries to generalize generationalgroup behavior without any real evidence.

FYP.  I also tend to naysay generalizations about behavior that are based on "race," sex, hair color, and star sign.

:mad:

My star sign tells me exactly who I am! We Sagitarians understand each other because we are exactly alike!

:P

I'm also a Sagittarius.  That's a flexible sign.

Are we pre-disposed to like Dreadnoughts though... :hmm:

[Sagittarius here too.]
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Ideologue

Virgos recognize the austere power of aircraft.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Leo(Euro/American)/Dragon(Chinese).

As far as zodiacs and star signs go, I am: The Winner

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 04, 2013, 02:55:20 PM
Look who is generalizing to the whole of the United States from the limited experiences of his own family. :P

Look who doesn't understand how single examples disprove generalizations!  I'd have thought, were you a real lawyer, that this would be a key understanding.

"You honor, I have proven that my client didn't sign the contract in question and request that claims against him based on it be dismissed."

"I object, your honor!  Look who is generalizing to the whole of his client's guilt from the limited experience of this one contract."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on September 04, 2013, 02:52:40 PM
Depends on where you worked, though.  My dad was the typical old-school Company Man-- worked for the same company in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and early 90s.  Then things caught up-- his employer offered him an 'early' retirement package which he accepted, and then proceeded to work for a competitor until he decided to fully retire on his own terms.

My current company (or at least my division/site) has a lot of people who have worked here for 30+ years.  It was a cocoon of sorts in the modern age of employment and in some respects has remained so, even through a couple different mergers & acquisitions.  The lady who runs our division started working here when she started college, continued on thereafter through her masters degree and then law degree, and was the last CEO we had before we got acquired.

Small to medium-sized banks have also been holdouts-- a few of them that are clients of mine still offer pensions and have employees that have been there for decades, doing pretty much the same thing every day  :yucky:

Yes, that is my point:  we experience history as individuals, not as "generations."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on September 04, 2013, 06:04:17 PM
Look who is generalizing to the whole of the United States from the limited experiences of his own family. :P

Look who doesn't understand how single examples disprove generalizations!

Look at the idiot who doesnt understand that his one exception does not disprove a general rule.  I thought you were a teacher who is charged with imparting critical thinking skills to his students?

Neil

The NSA is doomed anyways.  President Rand Paul will defund them because George Washington didn't have an NSA.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

The further we get from the generations which created the safe and secure world we live in the greater the hatred and disgust towards the legionaries which are holding off the barbarians at the gate.

If you are sufficiently self centered to ONLY look at the effect that the NSA might have on you then you are ignoring the big picture badly.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 04, 2013, 06:13:34 PM
Look at the idiot who doesnt understand that his one exception does not disprove a general rule.  I thought you were a teacher who is charged with imparting critical thinking skills to his students?

I am looking at the idiot (well, your avatar anyway), and wondering why you don't understand basic logic.  A statement that isn't always valid is not a valid statement.

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on September 04, 2013, 06:04:17 PM

Look who doesn't understand how single examples disprove generalizations!  I'd have thought, were you a real lawyer, that this would be a key understanding.

"You honor, I have proven that my client didn't sign the contract in question and request that claims against him based on it be dismissed."

"I object, your honor!  Look who is generalizing to the whole of his client's guilt from the limited experience of this one contract."
I thought we banned Martinus? :unsure:

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on September 05, 2013, 09:05:45 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 04, 2013, 06:13:34 PM

I am looking at the idiot (well, your avatar anyway), and wondering why you don't understand basic logic.  A statement that isn't always valid is not a valid statement.

Grumbler, I am deeply sorry that your great grandfather, your grandfather, your father and you couldnt hold a steady job.  It explains a lot. 

merithyn

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 04, 2013, 05:21:07 PM
Leo(Euro/American)/Dragon(Chinese).

As far as zodiacs and star signs go, I am: The Winner

Certainly explains your career choice. :hmm:

I'm a Sagitarian Cock. :D I should have been an actress or a politician.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.