So, tomorrow I will meet president Obama

Started by Bluebook, September 03, 2013, 10:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 04, 2013, 09:13:31 AM
I've met Canada's greatest Prime Minister, Brian Mulroney. He probably held me in his arms!

He held you in his arms? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2013, 09:17:46 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 04, 2013, 09:14:37 AM
Light conversation is permitted.

If you are an asshole who can't keep your mouth shut. :angry:

Are you calling Joe Theismann an asshole?!  :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2013, 09:19:43 AM
I've met Canada's greatest Prime Minister, Brian Mulroney. He probably held me in his arms!

Yes, like all politicans do.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 04, 2013, 09:24:54 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2013, 09:19:43 AM

Yes, like all politicans do.

Ah gotcha! :D

merithyn

Quote from: mongers on September 04, 2013, 09:18:48 AM

So Meri was hit on for several hours by John Elway and she didn't realise it ?  :Embarrass:

I was far too old for him by then, if his flirting with the very young waitress was anything to go on. :P

No, I was a sports journalist then, covering the Arena Football League. He'd just bought a team in Colorado. We were in a hotel the night before the Championship game in Grand Rapids, MI, hanging out in the bar when John and his friend came down to hang out with us. There were five of us (myself, my boss, Perry Moss, Gene Nudo, and Tim Marcum) hanging out when they came down, and we all sat around talking for hours.

Multiple fans stopped to ask for autographs, and one kid told the story of how, when his brother was killed in a car accident, they buried him in a replica Elway jersey because he'd been such a huge fan. John just sat there for a few minutes after the kid walked away, then said, "That's probably the most touching thing anyone's ever said to me."

It was kind of neat. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Christ, Spicy is a restroom rule breaker.

People like him is why I use the cripple stall(SHUT UP).
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

No, Ed. That is not why you roll into that stall.

Ed Anger

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2013, 09:44:23 AM

HE SPOKE TO ME FIRST
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Met all sorts of state officials, (because they were kind of like neighbors).  I did once see John Edwards speak in a packed hall of about six.  The next day he cancelled his campaign. :lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 04, 2013, 09:55:14 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2013, 09:44:23 AM

HE SPOKE TO ME FIRST

I don't care. SILENCE!

Grey Fox

The other day I was at McDs & my kid needed to go the bathroom. So we went. She would not shut up! Even clapped & celebrated her poop in the bowl.

I kept telling her to ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh.

garbon

garbon