Will the Congress approve military action against Syria

Started by jimmy olsen, September 02, 2013, 01:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will the Congress approve military action against Syria?

Both the Senate and the House
16 (40%)
The Senate, but not the House
16 (40%)
The House, but not the Senate
0 (0%)
Neither of them will approve
8 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 06, 2013, 02:43:27 PM
Well I certainly don't go around calling myself a Scotsman.

That's because you're No True Scotsman.  :D

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 06, 2013, 02:50:55 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 06, 2013, 02:39:39 PM
:rolleyes:  He's of Syrian heritage and ethnically identifies as Syrian.  I suppose I could type out "Syrian-American" to please pedantic goofballs such as yourself, but I'll just stick with "Syrian" for short.

Ok, you use language loosely.  How people who dont know your family history should be expected to know that "my Syrian uncle" really means my American uncle is a bit puzzling but ok.  I found it strange that you had a Syrian uncle and assumed that one of your aunts married a Syrian.

Again, sorry for not understanding that by Syrian you meant American.

I'm not really interested in discussing this with you anymore.  Go pick a fight with grumbler if you're that bored.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on September 06, 2013, 03:10:03 PM
:rolleyes:  He's of Syrian heritage and ethnically identifies as Syrian.  I suppose I could type out "Syrian-American" to please pedantic goofballs such as yourself, but I'll just stick with "Syrian" for short.

Ok, you use language loosely.  How people who dont know your family history should be expected to know that "my Syrian uncle" really means my American uncle is a bit puzzling but ok.  I found it strange that you had a Syrian uncle and assumed that one of your aunts married a Syrian.

I'm not really interested in discussing this with you anymore.  Go pick a fight with grumbler if you're that bored.

I have no interest in talking with that Sumerian.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on September 06, 2013, 03:11:43 PM
I'm still with Tim. I don't know why we care.

Yes, but that's your answer to everything.

Well, except the "still with Tim" part.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on September 06, 2013, 03:15:11 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 06, 2013, 03:11:43 PM
I'm still with Tim. I don't know why we care.

Yes, but that's your answer to everything.

Well, except the "still with Tim" part.  ;)

I have topics that I am interested in.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on September 06, 2013, 03:33:32 PM
Wow, Hillary didn't make the cut??

The list wasn't exhaustive. I also felt that one has been done to death. :)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 06, 2013, 03:36:52 PM
Ide, are you posting on garbon's account again?

I really liked that movie because of the leads. :)

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 06, 2013, 03:12:00 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 06, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

I have no interest in talking with that Sumerian.
:lol:

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 05, 2013, 08:34:16 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 05, 2013, 06:17:37 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2013, 06:14:59 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 05, 2013, 05:26:21 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2013, 04:09:23 PM
I asked my Syrian uncle over the weekend to for his thoughts on the situation in Syria:  he still doesn't give a shit.
And you felt the need to tell us he's a bad person, why?

:huh:

Timmay doesn't have what we call the 'social skills'.
On the internet they're not required. :)

I would never make such a comment in real life.

Well, yeah, 'cause in real life you got no one to talk to.