What is the highest level of education you've completed?

Started by Savonarola, August 30, 2013, 02:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the highest level of education you've completed?

Didn't complete high school
1 (1.6%)
High school diploma
3 (4.7%)
Some college no degree
8 (12.5%)
Associates degree (or equivalent)
4 (6.3%)
Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
15 (23.4%)
Some graduate work, no degree
4 (6.3%)
Masters/Professional degree (or equivalent)
18 (28.1%)
JD (or equivalent)
7 (10.9%)
Doctorate (or equivalent)
4 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 63

merithyn

Quote from: Savonarola on August 30, 2013, 02:48:02 PM
Quote from: merithyn on August 30, 2013, 02:43:40 PM
I have a bachelor's degree, and I'm working on an associates now. Where does that fall? :unsure:

Bachelors degree (or equivalent)

Well, I also have two graduate level classes. :P
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Phillip V

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 30, 2013, 02:31:57 PM
Some college no degree. If I ever decided to torture myself like that again, and using credits from military service, I'm sure I could get a bachelors in a year or so.

Same.

Octavian

Msc. in public administration. I work as a civil servant.

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

merithyn

Malthus

LL.B for me - I guess that fits in the JD slot.  ;)

My dad has a bizzare degree they give in the UK, a "Doctor of Science", which is a degree above a "doctorate". I was there when he got it (I think I was 12 or so). He was the only person getting that degree that year. Everyone else at the graduation ceremony - some thousands of students - was wearing black; my dad was wearing a robe of crimson and yellow silk. He stood out in the crowd.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Malthus on August 30, 2013, 03:34:38 PM

My dad has a bizzare degree they give in the UK, a "Doctor of Science", which is a degree above a "doctorate". I was there when he got it (I think I was 12 or so). He was the only person getting that degree that year. Everyone else at the graduation ceremony - some thousands of students - was wearing black; my dad was wearing a robe of crimson and yellow silk. He stood out in the crowd.  :lol:

Honorary degree?

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2013, 03:36:48 PM

Honorary degree?

Nah, you gotta' pay 1000 pounds for it. ;)

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/currentstudents/dsc

Savonarola

I had forgotten about Higher Doctorates and Habilation they have in some countries.    :Embarrass:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2013, 03:36:48 PM

Honorary degree?

Nope. It's an earned degree, awarded based on a portfolio of established research work (though in some places it can be awarded as an honorary degree).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Science#The_United_Kingdom.2C_Ireland_and_the_Commonwealth

There is no equivalent here in North America, far as I know - here, a doctorate is a doctorate, whether in science or a PhD, they are considered equivalent.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Associates. And I only got that because my former employer payed for 75% of the cost.

I'm doomed if I try to re-enter the job market.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on August 30, 2013, 03:41:16 PM

I had forgotten about Higher Doctorates and Habilation they have in some countries.    :Embarrass:

I think that the lack won't make too great a difference here.  :D

Admiral Yi

It is sort of interesting that with all the dead sheep on the forum we don't have a single PhD.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2013, 03:45:15 PM
It is sort of interesting that with all the dead sheep on the forum we don't have a single PhD.

Isn't Oex a PhD? :unsure: