What is the highest level of education you've completed?

Started by Savonarola, August 30, 2013, 02:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the highest level of education you've completed?

Didn't complete high school
1 (1.6%)
High school diploma
3 (4.7%)
Some college no degree
8 (12.5%)
Associates degree (or equivalent)
4 (6.3%)
Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
15 (23.4%)
Some graduate work, no degree
4 (6.3%)
Masters/Professional degree (or equivalent)
18 (28.1%)
JD (or equivalent)
7 (10.9%)
Doctorate (or equivalent)
4 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2013, 03:45:15 PM
It is sort of interesting that with all the dead sheep on the forum we don't have a single PhD.

I'm pretty sure PDH is a Ph.D.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

merithyn

Quote from: Ideologue on August 30, 2013, 03:53:23 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2013, 03:45:15 PM
It is sort of interesting that with all the dead sheep on the forum we don't have a single PhD.

I'm pretty sure PDH is a Ph.D.

Just an MA. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ideologue

Isn't he like a tenured professor?  WTF is this shit?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

PDH

Yeah, only two MAs here - One in History, t'other in Anthropology.  The coursework in Anthro and History applies toward a PhD program should I desire to complete this.  It would take me a year of schooling plus the damned writing to get that FuD.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

Quote from: Ideologue on August 30, 2013, 04:05:00 PM
Isn't he like a tenured professor?  WTF is this shit?

Jesus, do you never read TBR?

I am an adjunct.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on August 30, 2013, 04:05:20 PM
Yeah, only two MAs here - One in History, t'other in Anthropology.  The coursework in Anthro and History applies toward a PhD program should I desire to complete this.  It would take me a year of schooling plus the damned writing to get that FuD.

If you got it, what good would it do you?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Didn't realize that it was two MAs. I just knew you were smart without the paper. :hug:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2013, 04:06:15 PM

If you got it, what good would it do you?

Exactly.  In the 20 years since my MA in History there are about 10 million new PhD winners.  I gave up the race long ago and I get to teach History without having to go to staff meetings.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"