What is the highest level of education you've completed?

Started by Savonarola, August 30, 2013, 02:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the highest level of education you've completed?

Didn't complete high school
1 (1.6%)
High school diploma
3 (4.7%)
Some college no degree
8 (12.5%)
Associates degree (or equivalent)
4 (6.3%)
Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
15 (23.4%)
Some graduate work, no degree
4 (6.3%)
Masters/Professional degree (or equivalent)
18 (28.1%)
JD (or equivalent)
7 (10.9%)
Doctorate (or equivalent)
4 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Savonarola

I know it's a standard question on job applications, at least in the US, so sorry if I've traumatized anyone.  After the IQ by Major thread I was wondering how many people had graduate degrees.

I have a Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

CountDeMoney

Obviously a level of education that is unable to secure employment.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Grey Fox

None of the choices apply. Unlike Seedy, I live in functional country so I have a job.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zanza

Related question: do you work in the field that your formal education is for?

The Brain

I have a M.Sc. in Engineering Physics. I guess I work in that field, though not in Nuclear Physics which was my focus.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Brain on August 30, 2013, 02:22:08 PM
I have a M.Sc. in Engineering Physics. I guess I work in that field, though not in Nuclear Physics which was my focus.

:o

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2013, 02:23:36 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 30, 2013, 02:22:08 PM

:o

The nuclear power and related sectors have very little to do with nuclear physics, since the nuclear physics involved is very well known and has been for decades.

Nuclear physicists study exotic nuclei and shit that are of no interest to a nuclear power plant or similar installation.

lustindarkness

Some college no degree. If I ever decided to torture myself like that again, and using credits from military service, I'm sure I could get a bachelors in a year or so.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Brain on August 30, 2013, 02:27:35 PM
The nuclear power and related sectors have very little to do with nuclear physics, since the nuclear physics involved is very well known and has been for decades.

Nuclear physicists study exotic nuclei and shit that are of no interest to a nuclear power plant or similar installation.

So in brief, you're a homo.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2013, 02:33:22 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 30, 2013, 02:27:35 PM

So in brief, you're a homo.

Duh.

merithyn

I have a bachelor's degree, and I'm working on an associates now. Where does that fall? :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I have a BSEE and two classes from an aborted MSSE.  I keep agonizing over the idea of doing an MSEE or MSCmpE.  I really want back into hardware, but I'm not sure the Masters will get me there and the logistics of doing a degree intimidate me right now.

Savonarola

Quote from: merithyn on August 30, 2013, 02:43:40 PM
I have a bachelor's degree, and I'm working on an associates now. Where does that fall? :unsure:

Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock