Massive use of chemical weapons in Syria, 1,429 killed including 426 children

Started by jimmy olsen, August 21, 2013, 05:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Playlist of videos by Brown Moses who has an excellent blog on the Civil War.

NSFW & NOT SAFE FOR THE FAINT OF HEART
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUGrW-SjjbU&list=PLPC0Udeof3T4NORTjYmPoNCHn2vCByvYG&index=1
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2013, 07:53:11 PM
Even countries that didn't suffer during WWII, like Portugal weren't able to keep their colonial empires.  Decolonization was inevitable.  The war just helped it along.

With the Soviet Union, Red China or even the US supporting the insurgencies, decolonisation was inevitable indeed.

Ideologue

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 22, 2013, 02:02:25 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2013, 07:53:11 PM
Even countries that didn't suffer during WWII, like Portugal weren't able to keep their colonial empires.  Decolonization was inevitable.  The war just helped it along.

With the Soviet Union, Red China or even the US supporting the insurgencies, decolonisation was inevitable indeed.

What if they'd used chemical weapons?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Viva la France! :frog:

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/22/20129755-reaction-with-force-needed-if-syria-chemical-attack-verified-france-says?lite

QuoteFrench Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius urged Syrian President Bashar Assad to allow an immediate and transparent U.N. investigation of the incident, which some activists and rebel fighters claim killed 1,200 people.

The Syrian government denies using chemical weapons, but new images are being held up by Syrian rebels as evidence of what could be the worst chemical weapons attack anywhere since Saddam Hussein gassed Iraqi Kurds in 1988. NBC's Richard Engel reports.

He told French broadcaster BFMTV that "there would have to be a reaction with force from the international community" if Assad force's gassed civilians.

However, Fabius added: "But there is no question of sending troops on the ground."

He said that if the United Nations Security Council could not make a decision, one would have to be taken "in other ways," although he did not elaborate on what those might be.   

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu also said Thursday that "all red lines" had been crossed in Syria and criticized international inaction.

"All red lines have been crossed but still the U.N. Security Council has not even been able to take a decision. This is a responsibility for the sides who still set these red lines and for all of us," Davutoglu told reporters in Berlin. 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

What a fuckign mess.

Even if I operate under the assumption that this is a red line, and Syria has crossed, and the RotW MUST take action....what fucking action do we take?

I can't imagine what we should do that I could be convinced would have even a reasonable chance of resulting in some improved state of affairs.

Take out the regime? To be replaced by whom?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

The Islamic Revolutionary Republic of Syria, nestled right next to the Islamic Revolutionary Republic of Iraq.

What a lovely picture that will paint.

Berkut

QuoteTurkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu also said Thursday that "all red lines" had been crossed in Syria and criticized international inaction.

"All red lines have been crossed but still the U.N. Security Council has not even been able to take a decision. This is a responsibility for the sides who still set these red lines and for all of us," Davutoglu told reporters in Berlin.

Turkey is right there. I am all for them going in and kicking ass and taking over responsibility for transitioning Syria to a functioning democratic state.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

derspiess

I'm in favor of France invading Syria.  We can provide transport.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom